Xfinity 'Simple & Easy' or whatever the new SE Pricing is quiz

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by WVZR1, Mar 18, 2021.

1. WVZR1

WVZR1 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...

Advertisements

Xfinity voice is making some changes and it's maybe reached EOL for me. It's very difficult when reaching out to Xfinity if you're a current customer to try to reach new agreements - I mentioned agreement I didn't mention 'promotion'. I've been Xfinity 16+ years since they acquired Adelphia.

I currently have an XG1V4, 2 CableCARD and 300 Internet. In the 'Simple and Easy' what would be a reasonable $$ expectation for TV and Internet owning my own modem, router etc? TV so long as basic news and sports were included it would be sufficient. I need ESPN for F1 Racing and others for competitive 'motor sports'.

If Xfinity sees customers IP you stand 'no chance' of actually evaluating Xfinity offerings. Our Xfinity Rate Card is as big a mess as it's ever been. If you wanted to compare SE 'Simple and Easy' to my local the zip code is 25414. Looks to be maybe a new offering today!

https://comcaststore.s3.amazonaws.c...75b2cea61/high_res/UN0000213_sik_high_res.pdf

2. chiguy50

chiguy50 U.S. Army (ret.)

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    You have a number of choices depending on your needs/preferences, although your area is NOT under S&E at present so those prices are not applicable.

You can't really compare S&E plans since the bundle particulars are not identical. HST, it appears that a roughly equivalent S&E Triple Play bundle (Extreme Pro + Preferred + VoIP) would add up to around $20 more than the below deal that is currently available at your location.

For instance, you might want to look at the below "Select+More" bundle, which however does include the VoIP service which I take it you were looking to dump. The end price, assuming you wanted to keep your XG1v4, would be $107.49 monthly plus fees and taxes of around $35.

upload_2021-3-18_18-49-27.png

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  3. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    wow, that's faster & cheaper than my bundle.

4. WVZR1

WVZR1 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    Thank you!

I realize that BUT it should be very good information for a 'CONVERSATION' - That's all I'm interested in. If you looked at my 'rate card' there's likely 20+ footnotes that need interpreted. I carried a 'rate card' into a local Comcast office one day 2+ years ago and no one in the facility could explain or understand their own 'rate card'. I'm interested in generating a package that might interest me to present. I'm at a bit of a disadvantage as I DO NOT SPEAK! I was looking forward to your response. Can you provide me with a 'link' that might direct me towards a S&E web-presentation for your local market?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  5. Phil T

Phil T Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Littleton,...

Advertisements

I recently changed my plan. I wanted one that showed up in my choices online but when I chose it it required me to add an additional TV box. I have the XG1v4, a Tivo Bolt and two minis.

The Comcast corporate store was able to give me the plan without having to get another box or give up my Tivo's. I still kept a $20.00 a month discount and the $5.00 Tivo cable card monthly credit.

Make sure you are dealing with a corporate store and not a partner or authorized dealer store.

6. WVZR1

WVZR1 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    I've always used 'corporate' stores regardless AT&T, Comcast/Xfinity or others. The issue now attempting on-line for comparisons they have the IP addy and it selects. I used to suggest someone shopping to drive around, spot a *dish hanging from a for sale property and use that address. That nearly always worked. I was shopping for a friend at his lake property, used his addy and they began addressing me as him, gave them addy and the response was Hello Joe! Comcast/Xfinity was new to their area and they responded with current owner info. I might try 'moving' and see what alternatives it might present me in maybe southern Ga!!

My agreement is good until 6/21 but I thought I'd try to get a head start because of the Voice changes.

7. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    This is not true in my experience switching to S&E a few months ago, I was able to see new customer rates using a private window and a neighbor's address (that wasn't on Xfinity). I used those rates to get the same deal renewing my 2-year agreement and am paying about the same as I was the last two years, did it through Twitter.

8. chiguy50

chiguy50 U.S. Army (ret.)

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    One fairly simple and reliable way to survey S&E offerings (or other Comcast deals) in a given market is to use a private browser (so as to remain anonymous to the Xfinity server) and a known good address where Comcast residential service is available.

If using Mozilla Firefox, open a "New Private Window" (Ctrl+Shift+P); on Google Chrome, open a "New incognito window" (Ctrl+Shift+N); or with Internet Explorer, use "InPrivate Browsing" (Ctrl+Shift+N).

In your private browser's address bar, enter the following URL: xfinity.com. Once the Xfinity web page loads, click on "CHANGE PLAN" at the top of the page. Next, scroll to the bottom of the page and enter a valid street address in the field that asks for a "Street Address and Apartment." If you don't have a known street address to enter, you can go to a real estate search site such as Trulia.com and find a single-family home listed for sale in the zip code or locality in question and copy the address. Just to take a random example for the Central Division, which is subject to S&E pricing, you could select the home currently for sale at 5316 Irongate Dr, Springfield, IL 62711. (N.B.: If the residence in question already has an active Comcast account, you will be given the option of identifying yourself as a new customer moving to this address.) Once the Xfinity search engine recognizes the address you have entered, it will take you to the plan builder page where you can click on the various service options to experiment with the costs of different combinations of services, on-add packs, and equipment (see thumbnails below).

upload_2021-3-19_10-6-30.png upload_2021-3-19_10-4-34.png upload_2021-3-19_11-6-21.png

NashGuy likes this.
  9. WVZR1

WVZR1 Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    from the office of TK -

The breakdown of your current agreement is as follows: cable service is $40.65, not including HBO, your Blast speed internet service is $40.67, and the amount we charge for your phone service is $18.67. This totals to the $99.99 agreement you are in before HBO, taxes and fees.

TV is 205+

10. snerd

snerd Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2008
    Notice they don't mention the $35 in hidden fees...