XFINITY on Demand - Can't Start Application (V313)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by SFDave, Feb 25, 2017.

1. SFDave

SFDave New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    San Francisco

Advertisements

I have Comcast cable service in San Francisco, for a Premiere XD and a Roamio Plus. About 2 weeks ago, XFINITY on Demand stopped working on the Premiere, and a few days later it stopped working on the Roamio. The moment I try to launch the app, I get the message:

"Can't Start Application
    The TiVo box was unable to start XFINITY On Demand. (V313)

Go to TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Settings > Network >
    Connect to the TiVo Service. Wjen the connection is complete try
    to open XFINITY On Demand again.

If you continue to experience this problem, contact
    TiVo Customer Support at 1-877-367-8486."

I contacted TiVo support. They had me connect to the TiVo service and reboot. When that didn't fix the problem, they said to call Comcast. Comcast said they've never seen that error code before. They re-paired both cablecards anyway, and it did nothing. They're sending out a service tech with replacement cablecards next week, even though it's highly unlikely that both cablecards went bad. I suspect it's a server problem, either with Comcast or TiVo. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

2. chiguy50

chiguy50 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Error code V313 seems to be uncommon, but I have seen similar issues with XoD caused by Comcast account coding errors.

I suggest that you post your problem at the Comcast Help & Support Forums. There are some very helpful monitors on there who can troubleshoot the issue and often get it resolved quickly if in fact it is on the Comcast side of the equation (which I suspect it is).

slowbiscuit likes this.
  3. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Calling Comcast and Tivo is a waste of time, post to the Xfinity forum, message them on the Comcast Direct forum at dslreports, tweet them etc. You want to get past the front-line phone CSRs who don't know jack about XOD on Tivo.

4. SFDave

SFDave New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    San Francisco
    Thanks for your suggestions. Whatever the problem was, it fixed itself. As of last night, On Demand was working again.