Xfinity On Demand App Discontinuation

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jkudlacz, May 23, 2019.

1. jkudlacz

jkudlacz Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Miramar, FL
    Well this is a bummer, while I am not a big fan of the interfaced for Xfinity On Demand app on Tivo I do love ability to easily access all those On Demand Movies, Shows etc.

Saw this message on my Tivo today:

'Effective 6/25/19, the Xfinity On Demand app will no longer be available on Tivo, and Xfinity On Demand content will not be accessible. The current platform connecting your Tivo to Xfinity On Demand runs on an out-of-date technology that cannot be upgraded or updated. ...'

I hope there is a replacement coming or this will take away from Tivo significantly.

Attached Files:

SoOver40 likes this.
  2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    compuguy and krkaufman like this.
  3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    I was so tempted to start a thread over in the Mini forum.

JoeKustra likes this.
  4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Keep watching. The day is young. :D

compuguy and krkaufman like this.
  5. Agrajag

Agrajag Member

Sep 8, 2001
    Sewell, NJ, USA
    Time to move on from TiVo I suspect. It's been treading water for a while now, but this might be the final piece that pushes it under the surface. I just wish there was a clear option to move to. The streaming services are all one big collection of trade-offs. FiOS will be here in my neighborhood by the end of the year and really looking forward to their Internet (which I had for years and loved before my last move), but their TV service also has no On Demand with TiVo so I might as well get their box if I went that way. Ugh. Really would have liked to avoid this move entirely.

SoOver40 likes this.
  6. jimmyd24

jimmyd24 New Member

Jun 28, 2008
    I find this totally unacceptable. With all the new technology we should be getting more features not losing them.
    I do have the Xfinity Box for on demand, I find is not as easy to use as the TiVo app. and now I won't be able to watch on demand on my Tivo mini.:(

BoomersRock likes this.
  7. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Rokus are cheap and work well for Comcast XOD. Get em and move on, you'll be much happier with the other app experiences as well.

8. Jun 2, 2019 #8 of 10
    jkudlacz

jkudlacz Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Miramar, FL
    Yeah waiting for Xfinity to offer app for Amazon Fire, have few of those already and TiVo is planning on releasing and App of their own too. If all goes well will sell TiVo Mini probably and just keep TiVo Roamio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Jun 3, 2019 #9 of 10
    jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    You are letting Comcast win, you realize?

Also, TiVo does not make the apps available, the service provider does.

10. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer New Member

Aug 5, 2019
    I do find it funny that both of them are acting like it's nobody's fault. If Dish Network was on one end of this equation they would be pointing fingers for sure. What could Comcast have over TiVo now? Are they afraid Comcast will void all the cable cards out there if TiVo raises a fuss over Comcast screwing them out of this prominent feature of the TiVo Experience?