X-Factor - The Finals Performances (12/20/2011)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeekiM, Dec 22, 2011.

1. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    In general, I was not a fan of the duets... Though I must say, Melanie Amaro and R. Kelly did a great job on "I Believe I Can Fly"...

All the performers did way better in their solos... I was a little surprised that all three performers decided to do repeat performances for their final song...

Though I like all three performers, I think Melanie Amaro had the best performances of the evening...

2. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I'm not a fan of Melanie.

I like Josh the best and he's honestly the only one I'd probably buy an album from. I hope Josh wins.

I like Chris, I love his spirit. I love that he's a talented song writer. He's got a better voice than me, but I don't know that it's enough to have longevity. Or maybe he's sang too many songs that are not suited to his voice.

3. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I still hope Josh wins, but I don't think he will. The person I like never wins!

Here is my prediction...it will come down to Chris and Melanie and Chris will end up winning (even though I believe out of those two Melanie should totally win).

Chris winning would be a real "Rocky" ending - but I hope I am wrong. I really don't see how he should win this thing at all. But my personal preference is usually wrong, so I am guessing the guy I like the least will win it all...

4. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I'm rooting for Josh, as he crosses a few genres (as LA Reid said): Pop, Rock & Blues.

I would be equally pleased if Melanie gets the contract, as she can also sing Pop, Rock & Diva songs.

Chris is a likable guy, but is not worthy of winning. His voice is shaky. He should be a writer of his own rap stories and perform those in clubs. But a $5m recording contract? Nuh-uh!

Whatever the outcome, I can visualize Josh and Melanie having great singing/recording careers.

BTW, Alanis looked and sounded HOT!! Avril was cute, as always. I was expecting Melanie to sing a duet with another Canadian female, but her duet with R. Kelly was the best of the three.