X Factor Results 12/8/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DLL66, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Dec 8, 2011 #1 of 24
    DLL66

DLL66 Member

Oct 20, 2002
    TN
    Possilbe spoiler...Don't read further if you don't want to know...

Yeah....I hope "she" feels horrible now. Don't want to spoil it for the west coast.

2. Dec 8, 2011 #2 of 24
    Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Really? We have to wait for the west coast?

that was whack. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

i do want to know the name of the song and who did it originally that the eliminated contestant sang...

if anyone knows?

edit: nevermind i found it
    Etta James' "I'd Rather Go Blind"

3. Dec 8, 2011 #3 of 24
    nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    West coasters won't open the thread if they don't want to be spoiled. It's a results thread and marked as such.

Personally, I love Rachel, but she was not good last night. I had a feeling she would be in trouble.

However, her save me song was amazing, and based on that, she should have stayed.

There are rumors that Simon might get rid of Nicole next season - bonehead moves like this are putting the nails in her coffin..

Meanwhile, I still want Josh to win, but I don't think it will happen.

4. Dec 8, 2011 #4 of 24
    Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I don't think that's the reason -
    I heard Nicole might move over to The X Factor UK.
    Nicole is hugely popular in the UK where her long awaited solo CD was released months ago while it's still pending a US release.
    and don't forget
    - Nicole was supposed to be the co-host - she stepped in as judge only cos' they let Cheryl Cole
    (a original UK judge go - the reason being her thick British accent was too hard for us Yanks to understand.)

5. Dec 8, 2011 #5 of 24
    Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    You Promised Me!!!

6. Dec 8, 2011 #6 of 24
    rondotcom

rondotcom I Like To Watch

Feb 12, 2005
    However, in the uncontrollable sobbing contest, Rachel wiped the floor with Drew.

7. Dec 9, 2011 #7 of 24
    Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    How many times can Marcus be in the bottom 2 before getting the ziggy?

8. Dec 9, 2011 #8 of 24
    bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    West Coast checking in... OH MY GOD THAT WAS HEART WRENCHING!!!! :(:(:(

I felt so bad for poor little Rachel. I think we have just witnessed an unforeseen consequence of having really young contestants... All I wanted to do was go and hug my daughter. It broke my heart when her eyes shot open. She was truly blindsided and hurt. I think the young ones take it very personally.

As for that OTHER woman... Well. Huhmph. THAT sure backfired didn't it? I'm quite sure she didn't think that one all the way through. I wonder what her vote WOULD have been had she had the courage to actually vote? I'd love the answer to that one...

9. Dec 9, 2011 #9 of 24
    Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    Chris Daughtry's exit has just been topped. This show needs moments like this because it is failing on so many levels.

I haven't understood Marcus since day one and can't believe he's in the final four.

10. BSUGrad

BSUGrad Member

Jan 11, 2004
    Oak Creek, WI
    That is what the producers get for having such a stupid voting mechanism. Nicole should be off the show immediately for being such a wimp. If you are going to agree to be a judge then you should have to vote. It is obvious she was going to let Marcus go, because there is no other reason to be so anguished about it. If you can't handle the tough decisions then you should not agree to judge one of these shows.

11. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    I agree 100%. She's getting paid to judge... not defer to let other people judge. That's definitely the kiss of death for her on X-Factor and the fact that her cowardliness affected one of Simon's prize ponies, she may be let go sooner than later.

12. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    Under "gutless", the picture should be Nicole. That was so sad, because Rachel absolutely NAILED her save song. I have liked Marcus from the beginning, but he's gone further than he should have. Go Josh!!!

13. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    Just caught the video online. Loved when the host went to Nicole for a comment and the crowd booed her.

14. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I love competitive reality shows, and I watch this show, but I am not liking it. It is way too much about the judges. I really liked Simon and Paula on AI, so it isn't that. It is just so self-important. The fake fighting, the fake drama from Paula and Nicole every time they have to vote. It's nuts.

Nicole was a terrible judge on The Sing-Off and she is even worse here.

15. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I'll give Nicole one thing. She's hot at least but she needs to vote.

16. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    Has it come out yet who Nicole would have voted for? Seems to me she was pretty surprised.... I think she would have saved Rachel. If so, what a horrible lapse of judgement on her part. I still can't get the image of Rachel's eyes popping open. Poor thing. The only silver lining is she will probably have a great career anyway. This certainly made her more sympathetic. :(

17. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I have to agree that I am not caring much for the continual fighting among the judges and how the show seemed to foster it from the beginning including promoting Twitter hashtags that put Simon up against Reid.

I particularly cannot stand LA Reid's disingenuous comments that are a not so veiled attempt to move his guys ahead.

The Voice ripped off X Factor but at least those judges seemed to let it go as the number of contestants dwindled. The AI judges are united to find the best singer - not each individual judges best contestant.

But hey - what do we know? - it's been a huge hit in the UK for a few seasons now with the same formula - so - - -

18. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    This has always been the case of the X Factor though so I don't see them changing it unless they water it down for American audiences. The same goes for the judges constantly not following the song category for the week.

Now the American judges do tend to be a lot more non-committal and rarely do they need to be hurried up on the foreign versions.

19. llurgy

llurgy Yorkshire Lass

Nov 5, 2003
    South...
    I thought that I was going to like x factor but I just dont.
    I am still watching it because I like Josh but the actual show is so boring and just seems full of filler from beginning to end. The judges spend more time fighting and picking off one and other and it is all to the detriment of the contestants who get lost in the fallout of "judge revenge"
    The result show either has to go by America's vote or a judges vote, not both so the judges can cop out. Rachel was bad on song night but her "save me" totally trounced Marcus's song and if it was based on the save me song she should have stayed. The judges should only force a deadlock if they really cant decide, not because they are to wimpy to decide.

20. NSX

NSX TiVo Hog

Aug 29, 2004
    Southern...
    That was a shocker!

My daughter and I both said that the voting will go to deadlock because it was too tough to decide. That's exactly what happened. It's unfortunate that Nicole was the last to decide. Sucks for her... but I am pretty sure a deadlock would have happened if the other judges were put into the same position. But that really doesn't matter... Why? Because..........

<rant>
    Bottom Line: AMERICA voted for Rachel the least. It's not Nicole's fault.

The Nicole and Paula bashers are acting like children (similar to Astro's tantrum). Awwww, the person you like has been voted off and now you go online to whine, cry, make death wishes on Twitter, FB, forums, etc.

Rachel wasn't a contender to win anyway. She's a star and will probably be signed with Disney soon. Let's face it, if Rachel was 29, no one would have the kind of reaction they did to her elimination last night. She is unbelievably talented, sassy, and adorable... but she just was not in a position to win. I'm surprised she lasted this long.

Josh and Melanie are the top two contenders.
    </rant>

The X Factor does need to make some changes to the save me/elimination voting though. If there is a deadlock, let the LIVE AUDIENCE vote to determine who sang their save-me song the best.