X Factor - Judge's House No. 3 (results) - 10/18/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cainebj, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I suppose someone will yell at us for discussing the results show in a Judges House 1 thread - :)

so...

Groups - I agree - who cares?
    Over 30's -
    Cannot believe they put Dexter through and let go the other older black woman (Elaine Gibbs) AND the white guy with the 2 kids (James Kenney) - I actually liked him aLOT.
    Girls - Simone Battle - Cannot believe they let her through - the other blonde (Caitlin Koch) should have been the one if they were going to do 5
    Boys - OMG that rapper kid (Astro) just annoys the hell out of me as does the sinatra dude (Phillip Lomax) who - quite frankly - just isn't that good - his high notes on the Rihanna song were TERRIBLE. The other boy (Brennin Hunt) should have gone through was the white guy who said he lived in Nashville and I kinda regret that I missed his performance in front of the judges.

and was it me or was Enrigue Iglesias on the verge of tears for several of the performances. I kinda loved that.

2. Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    It looked like the kid rapper was calling himself Astro. Honestly. Is that right? He named himself after the dog in the Jetsons?

3. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    I think Enrique was channeling his inner Nicole Scherzinger.

4. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    She's smokin' hot but can't sing nearly as good as the rest. Your talking about the girl in the batgirl attire when she performed right? I kind of don't understand letting the girl through with the gap teeth. She's alright but not that good of a singer..

5. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I missed her (Tiah Tolliver) judges house performance but not surprised since Simon championed her so far throughout. I kindof understand it - she has the personality and with the right producer and marketing (and autotune) I think she could fit into today's music market.

6. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I agree... After all, this is called the "X-Factor"...not "The Voice" :D

7. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
  8. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    The next questions:

Do any of the final 32 that did not make the final 17 get to try again next year?

and

Is there even going to be a next year?

9. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    Right now my favorites in each group are Drew (Girls), Marcus (Guys) and Josh (>30). Groups - don't care.
    Also, I found it odd that they put through both the groups they cobbled together over groups that have been working together many years.

10. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I just found out that the first live show (November 2, and it is listed as being live in the Eastern and Central time zones) will be 2 1/2 hours. Are the show's ratings high enough to withstand the complaints from the Fox affiliates with strong 10 PM news programs that are going to end up being delayed 30 minutes?

11. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I found that very odd that it is off air until Nov 2 so I just checked my TiVo and that is NOT the first live show the first is Tues 10/25 and VERY interesting...

Next week's show is listed as "Wildcard-Live"...

12. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Moving this post from the other thread ...

I was really surprised that Tiger didn't make it in the over 30s.
    And although I find the little kid rapper to be obnoxious, I have to admit that he is talented and will probably have a good career.
    Also surprised that Bryn (?) didn't make it. He seemed ready right now.
    Also expected 4Shor (sp) to make it, as well as the hot blonde rugby player.

When Simon travelled to Florida to reinstate that 19 year old girl, I was imagining Simon thinking to himself that their entire house would fit inside his veranda. But that was a nice gesture to go to her home in order to invite her back in front of her family.

Does Nicole really own that estate? Wow! I'm not really sure of her qualifications to judge other talented people. Oh well! It's Simon's show, so it comes down to whatever "Simon Says".

13. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    So they select the individuals they feel are the most interesting to the audience and eliminate the most talented. Nobody can convince me the final 16 weren't predetermined and the whole nonsense at the judges' houses wasn't just for show.

From day one it was clear to me this was all about Simon and not about finding the best talent and now even my wife agrees - we've had enough. We'll gladly wait for Idol, thank you.

14. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    My bad - I saw "THE X FACTOR Top Finalists Perform for America’s Votes Wednesday, Nov. 2" in the press release and thought that is when it was returning. What also confused me was that the press release also says that on 11/2, "the Top Finalists from all categories compete against each other for the first time".

The 10/25 show is the 2 1/2-hour show, and (presumably) the judges will make their final cuts to the top 12 that night (without an audience vote).

(Which brings me back to my earlier question - at what point are you no longer eligible to return? The final 32? The final 17? The final 12?)

15. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    Really? Most people I have spoken to IRL think the talent here is head and shoulders better than we have seen on AI recently.

16. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I really can't agree. The 14 year old rapper? Really? The recovering drug addict with the had (I think he's probably a good guy and I wish him well, but he's not very talented). The two young brothers (sure, talented - but finalists?). The James Brown wannabe? Come on. Sorry - but nothing here for me to see.

And the DRAMA of it all. Okay, maybe I'm in the minority - but I really can't stand it.

17. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    The judge houses are show houses.

Nicole fills the role of a judge who's been thru the contestant experience, as a winner of a reality music show that became the girl group Eden's Crush early in her career. I wish they'd have kept Cheryl Cole but Simon apparently didn't think she had enough name recognition stateside.

Some strange picks for the live show by the judges. What was Paula thinking picking InTENsity aka the Mickey Mouse Show II.

18. Cainebj

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I cannot disagree with you on the above and I think lots of my favorite talents didn't get through over those folks.

But what the other person has said is true -
    the talent on AI has been just bad for a few years now and the only actual talent to come out of the show recently is Adam Lambert.

I mean c'mon Scottie Dog winning last season?
    Seriously? It's been reduced to a popularity contest with the tween votes bulldozing anything else.

Add in J-Lo and Steven Tyler as dull judges and I will still watch - but - the talent here on X Factor slays the AI contestants by miles.

19. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Well, aside from anything else I just can't stand the format (two hour show, 15 minutes of singing and the rest is self-indulgent crap about the judges - especially Simon - scripted drama - etc). Really just doesn't appeal to me. Gave it a few weeks to shake out, but it really is All About Simon.

20. bareyb

bareyb Under Maintenance TCF Club

Dec 1, 2000
    Silicon Valley
    There's a lot about X Factor that I like better than Idol. I like the live auditions better than the Acapella ones on Idol. I like Boot Camp better than "Hollywood Week" or whatever they call it on Idol. No Ryan Seacrest is a huge plus. I can't stand him. He thinks AI is HIS show. :p

Simon was always my favorite Judge on Idol and now that Paula is sober, I like seeing her again too. It's like Idol before Idol went bad. As for the talent? It remains to be seen. Idol looked like it was going to be outstanding last season, and yet.. Scotty? I've been bitterly disapointed in Idol for the last couple of years. I do like the new judges though...

In a nutshell. I like both shows. :D