X-Factor - final 11 perform - 11/9/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bryhamm, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Nov 9, 2011 #1 of 13
    bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    I thought Rachel absolutely nailed it. Astro was pretty good. Nice RIP shout out to Joe Frazier. Leroy was good. Lakoda Rayne was decent. Chris was good. Melanie was good.

Lots of different folks that didn't quite have it like they had in the past. Didn't think Josh was as good as he's been before. Didn't like Stacy's performance as much. I wasn't a big fan of Drew tonight. Didn't like Marcus. Didn't like Stereo Hoggz.

Kinda hard to predict the final 2 imo.

2. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man-also TCF Club

Sep 14, 2003
    Northern VA
    The sniping between the judges bothers me to the point of losing interest in the show.

3. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    I think Stacy might be in trouble.

4. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Agreed.

5. toddvj

toddvj New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    St. Paul, MN
    Also, the audience screaming during the soft parts of the songs is very annoying. Do they think that the singers like that?

I also think Stacy might be in trouble, as might Leroy Bell. He was really good, but probably the least memorable out of all the competitors.

I though Astro killed it last night, I was sceptical at first, but I think I'm sold on him now.

6. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    It's kindof interesting to see Stacy go from a perceived front runner to a quick fall from grace.

I liked Drew and Melanie.

I fast forward through Astro. Always.
    Tremendously annoying.

and i dunno why all these competition shows with judges think the judges bickering is dramatic. this show in particular is trying hard for it including a tweet hash for simon vs. whatshisface. silly.

7. etexlady

etexlady Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2002
    East Texas
    I enjoyed Melanie and Rachel. Shows that song choice is so important. Drew was okay but the song didn't fit her. I actually liked Chris Rene and even Astro though I'm not a fan of rap. Stereo Hoggz did better this week. I think Marcus should go this week.

8. toddvj

toddvj New Member

Apr 22, 2004
    St. Paul, MN
    I was going to ask earlier but forgot. Does anyone else think maybe Chris Rene is using again? He just seemed a little extra animated last night.

9. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    when i posted before i had not seen Rachel's performance yet - and man o man - she blew it out the park

anyone know what that song was?

and too lazy to start a results thread so - i will just say

1. Willow Smith: Ow that hurt my hears.

2. J whatever ur name is:
    Skintight unitards are not a good look on anyone.
    please fire your stylist immediately.

10. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Since this isn't a results show thread (and nobody has started one yet), I'll put this in a spoiler:
    Two groups down, and one to go.
    I still think that if Lakoda Rayne is eliminated next week, only the nine solo acts will be invited to tour. It also sort of defeats the purpose of the show if all of the groups are eliminated first; you might as well just get rid of the maximum age limit on Idol (and why do I have the feeling that's exactly what's going to happen for the 2013 season (and yes, I am assuming there's going to be a 2013 season, mainly because it still gets much better ratings than anything Fox can put in its place)?).

11. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    It seems the groups are not getting any love at all from America. That's unfortunate. It's unfortunate that Paula will have no one to coach soon if this momentum of eliminating groups keeps up...

12. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    That is typically the case, I don't think that category has ever won the UK version. The last of the category can have commercial success so its not a total loser.

13. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Not sure if many people are watching this. I saw a few minutes of the performance show but nothing really stood out. Nothing else on last night so my wife and I skimmed through the results show. I almost feel bad saying this but Astro is a punk. I know he's only ~14 or whatever but he needs to be taught some manners. Completely disrespectful!!!! Hopefully it catches up with him next week and he's gone.