X Factor 2011 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Cainebj, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Not a single thread about The X Factor.

Hmmmm - is anyone watching?

I've been kindof surprised that the ratings have not been the blockbuster that I would have expected.
    It was a bit slow to start - felt slightly like it's all been seen before but it's picking up as the talent is being dwindled down.

And boy - I am surprised Simon Cowell hasn't sued The Voice - they REALLY ripped this show off in concept.

2. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Awful show. It should be named: "It's All About Simon"

I enjoy seeing and hearing the performers perform - and there's little enough of that in this show. Also, I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I have absolutely no interest in seeing the 4 "judges" show off their homes -- and clearly that's what's up next.

3. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I am pretty willing to bet that they are not using their "actual" homes - they all look like rentals to me.

I've always liked Simon.
    X Factor in the UK seems like such a monster hit - I'm just finding this all interesting. I think they made a mistake premiering it at the same time as all the fall new shows.

4. Johnny Dancing

Johnny Dancing Closet Rebel

Sep 3, 2000
    Detroit
    Forgot it was on and did not record. I am busy watching Baseball this time of year. Would love to hear if it looks to be a good match for AI

5. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    Dunno about the others, but Simon's "house" is definitely a rental.

6. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    I'm watching!

I like the coaching assignments...

I think Paula will do well with the groups, given her choreography and dance background...

I think LA Reid will do well with the guys, Simon will do well with the girls, and Nicole will do well with the "over 30s"... Good match up to me...

It'll be cool to see how the contestants do when the judges/coaches ego is on the line...

I am looking forward to the season...

7. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    When Nicole got her assignment, I couldn't help but think of Anna K getting the old folks on TBL. I hope it works out better for her than it did for AK!

Someone please help an old fart's memory - there was that guy (Ale)Xander that was sassy as heck with Simon, but I thought he got put through. I don't recall seeing him on any of the boot camp shows. Am I off my rocker? (p.s. - I was glad not to see him, just made me scratch my head).

And I can't believe I missed the fact that when they initially announced the groups, they only announced six and not eight.

8. MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Nope... Xander did not go through...

If I recall, he got 1 out of 3 votes, with Simon yet to vote... And Simon basically told him that he blew it... And yes...he definitely blew it... He might have been able to eek through had he not made such an *ss out of himself...