x 721 vs searching for signal

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by newsposter, Jan 4, 2006.

1. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    Just want to make sure i'm right here before I make any decisions to subscribe.(I should still have a note for 6 free months on my account for the HD package)

I can't get in the 119. So can I assume that if i turn to a channel and get x 721, that i'm receiving the signal off the other birds and if I sub to the HD package, I'll get the x721 channels but for the channels that say searching for signal, that means they wont come in because of my line of sight issues?

I really hope a woodchuck moves into my neighbors trees.

2. lostman72

lostman72 New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Central...
    721 means you don't sub to that channel. Also some of the networks like 80-89 HD and 380-389, most of the time you can't just call and have them turned on. You would need a waiver.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    You can also verify satellite reception by tuning to chs 490-494. 492 and 493 are for the 119 sat.

4. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    I should have been more clear. I'm know that if I had all 3 satellites in view, the HD package wouldn't be an issue and I'd get them all. I'm pretty much talking about the channels 72-79 (i think)...not near tv now. Some show 721 and some say no signal. I just wanted to confirm that 721 means i'm getting the signal, but am not paying for it. But if i pay for it, i'll get it. Where as for the no signals, i'll be paying for it, but not receiving it.

i just want to make sure that if i do choose to sub, that i know exactly what i'll be missing and what i'll receive based on my lack of 119 signal

5. jdk

jdk New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    San Jose, CA
    You are correct in your assumption - for today. DirecTV moves its programming around the satellites from time to time, so don't assume that you'll keep this same programming forever if you're missing a satellite.

It's just $10. Subscribe and try it out. Cancel if you don't like it.