WTB: USB N wireless adapter

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by steinercat, Nov 18, 2011.

1. steinercat

steinercat New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Hi,

Looking for a Tivo Wireless N USB adapter : AN0100

Something cheaper than the Clearance Center price of $60.

Can paypal or amazon.

Thanks!

2. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2002
    AR
    The only TiVo Wireless N Adapter I am aware of isn't a USB adapter but an ethernet to wireless adapter,the AN0100, and I am not aware of any third party USB wireless N adapter that works with TiVo. Third party ethernet to wireless adapters work with TiVo just fine such as the Linksys WGA600N which may be inexpensive now.

3. steinercat

steinercat New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    yes. the AN0100 is what I am looking for, as that's also the only one in the Clearance Center.

Let me clarify post.

Thanks!

4. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    I didn't think $50 for a N was a bad price in the clearance center. I'd pull the trigger if I needed one.

5. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Unless you are planning on doing real-time streaming between Elites, wireless G should be sufficient. I use inexpensive wireless G routers set for bridge mode and can transfer HD video to/from Tivos with no problem. I just get it started and then start watching. Truth be told, I think the Tivo may be the real limiting factor on bandwidth, not the wireless speed.

6. steinercat

steinercat New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    how did a simple WTB post get so complicated? :D

I just want to buy a Tivo N USB adapter, because I am setting up another THD and want to keep my entire network N, and hopefully I don't need a reason to explain why I want to stay with an all 'N' Network.

If anyone has one for $50 shipped. Iw ill take it.

Thanks for all the suggestions...but I just want a Tivo N USB adapter. That's all.

7. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    That's the nature of the forum. We will ask you questions and make suggestions until you either give in or convince us that you really know what you are asking for. :D

8. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Tell us what you want and we'll tell you what you need.

As in, tell us what the end goal is. Maybe we know a better way to get there.

9. steinercat

steinercat New Member

Nov 16, 2007
    i need to connect my THD to the network. I don't want CAT 5. I want N. I already have a MOCA adapter, but that's ebing used for my Media Player. I don't want to connect a switch to the MOCA. There's no phone line near the THD.

it's really simple....I just want to buy a Tivo N adapter.