WSOP 2019

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mattack, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Jul 9, 2019 #1 of 53
    mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Just wondering, has anybody been watching WSOP 2019?

Like I've said the last couple of years, I used to say I wanted more poker, but after they started doing the live poker, I realized I really want the highly edited shows!

I still have most if not all of 2017 and 2018 unwatched (I THINK because I'm not sure I have all of it, and thought I'd "get to it" some time)..

But this year I finally just started skimming through it each day. I'm not watching JUST all ins, but that's one thing I'll stop for. The break segments get FF through immediately.

After this year's done, I'll probably do the same with the 2017 and 2018 broadcasts just to "get done with them".

There have been a couple of interesting bust outs so far...

2. Jul 9, 2019 #2 of 53
    hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I signed up for SlingTV to get ESPN on Saturday so that I could watch Wimbledon. Then I realized that the WSOP Main Event was on so have been watching some of that, too. I prefer the edited shows until the final table. I love seeing the final table almost live. But still enjoying most of the coverage.

I haven't followed poker much for a few years. I have no idea who the woman is doing commentary with Lon and Norman (not Kara, I remember her.)

Was sorry to see "Hellmouth" show up on Day 2. I really wish they wouldn't show his rants.

3. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    If I want to watch poker I either have to find a show without Norman, or turn the sound down.

Why ANYONE thinks he is informative OR entertaining in the least totally baffles me. His "jokes" are middle school level at best, and they're usually worse than that.

He must have incriminating videos of the producer or something.

4. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    Richard Seymour is in 80th place in the Main Event with less than 200 remaining.

ETA: Out in 112th.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  5. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I'm watching here and there. My interest subsides substantially after my son busts. (day 2) :(

One of the people I went to Burning Man with was at the featured table on day 2. (Andrew Seidman)

I've also talked alot to dmoongirl (Danielle Anderson) a bunch. She busted today at 301.

Sam Greenwood is doing well. I've spent time with him also. He's real good friends with my son.

I have ESPN on, but I primarily follow the updates on Pokernews. I also have a subscription to PokerGo, but I don't put that on all that much.

6. waynomo

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    That's Jamie Kersetter. She can be very funny although poker commentary is not the vehicle for that.

hummingbird_206 likes this.
  7. waynomo

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    LOL. I agree. Maybe it would cost too much to get someone else?

I think they feel Norman and Lon have some chemistry. That's my best guess.

8. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    I watch but FF until there is a good hand. I liked the edited shows better too, too many boring hands now

and I have no problem with any of the commentators

9. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    I don't watch, but I record for my housemate -- he's days behind, and never finished the marathon of heads-up from last year.

I am annoyed (but not surprised) by the Rovi data marking every episode with the wrong day number, compared to the schedule on ESPN's website and the show's own commentary, but at least they are consecutive. And I was a bit worried when I saw no recording for today, but I must trust this is all as it should be.

10. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    oh, I thought they were referring to the woman who was on The Amazing Race with the other female poker player..

thank google!! "poker player on amazing race" answered me with - Maria Ho.

11. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I think he's funny, though he said he just has his 12th anniversary.. So his "my ex wife" jokes (which I thought were dumb AND funny) were over 12 years ago!

12. tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict CreativelyChallenged

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Just added OnePass. Haven't really been one to watch before as I mainly do cash games, but this could be interesting.

13. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Add padding to your recordings, ESPECIALLY the final tables. The recordings so far I think have gone AT MOST an hour late.. but the final table episodes will go _hours_ late potentially, even more than the 3 hours you can pad Tivo recordings.

tivotvaddict and waynomo like this.
  14. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    Me too. I feel like a grinder just trying to watch it all.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  15. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    You messed up the quoting btw.

well yeah, that's why I basically just decided to FF through it and watch few hands overall.

16. waynomo

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
  17. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    I am confused by lack of programming info, and came here to get help.
    Now that I read this, I see, I believe.
    It is on every day, live - is this correct?
    TY.

18. getbak

getbak Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    It's a "live" broadcast with a mandated 30 minute delay to avoid any danger of cheating.

Tonight's broadcast will play down to the final 9. They'll play from 9 to 6 on Sunday night (10pm ET ESPN2); 6 to 3 on Monday night (10pm ET ESPN); and the Final Three will play down to the winner on Tuesday night (9pm ET ESPN).

19. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    Thank you very much!

20. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I miss the November 9. It's been fun watching some of the live play, but I've missed a lot of it. I liked watching the edited episodes leading up to the live final table in November.