Wow - Ordered the new HD last night, shipped today

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by linkgirl, Jul 24, 2007.

1. linkgirl

linkgirl New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Even though it said it would ship in ~3 weeks I got a UPS tracking number this morning. I'm excited!!

Does anyone know where they ship from?

2. AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001
    Who did you order from?

3. linkgirl

linkgirl New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Directly from Tivo

4. DonRoeber

DonRoeber New Member

Nov 30, 2003
    That's pretty exciting! I just ordered mine on my lunch break, hopefully it'll be here next week, despite the 2-3 weeks shipping time notice.

5. MScottC

MScottC Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2004
    I have to laugh... you know they are just covering their collecteve a**es based on the order/shipping debacle when the original S3 came out. But I'd say, they just created a very happy customer, so it is a smart move on their part.

6. ldc3000

ldc3000 Member

Jun 24, 2004
    NC
    I posted this in another thread as well, but I think it bears repeatings.

When a label is generated through one of the UPS systems it creates a tracking number there on the spot. If you check the tracking it will probably just say manifest scan, billing information received, or no information found. That just means a label has been made, IT DOES NOT MEAN YOUR ITEM HAS SHIPPED. . Once you see an origin scan, pickup scan or, location scan that means that UPS physical has the package and it is on its way.

7. linkgirl

linkgirl New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Sadly, I know the UPS process all too well thanks to the ease of ordering from Amazon.com. Typically the tracking number is created within a day or two of shipment - I don't think I've ever seen one created weeks in advance.

8. profet

profet Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Ordered yesterday morning...

PARSIPPANY,
    NJ, US 07/25/2007 5:02 A.M. IN TRANSIT TO
    FORT WORTH,
    TX, US 07/25/2007 4:01 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    FORT WORTH,
    TX, US 07/24/2007 7:00 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    US 07/24/2007 11:00 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Scheduled Delivery: 07/27/2007

Looks like they are moving out the door from Texas.

If I had known they had them in stock... I would of selected something other then the free shipping.

9. sammydee

sammydee New Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Congratulations ... I ordered mine the very first night at around 2am and haven't seen anything yet; mine just shows as "IN PROGRESS" in the Order History page and I've heard nothing from UPS yet.

10. linkgirl

linkgirl New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Yeah, me too but wasn't the overnight shipping close to $100? I thought about it briefly then decided that was a bit steep for me. plus, annoyingly, it's taking TWC a week and a half to get out here with my cablecards.

11. Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    Yeah, the TCF Store is receiving a pallet full of these today. In fact, they've probably already arrived.

12. steelio

steelio New Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Kansas,USA
    Huh thats odd. When I asked my local Cox guys about getting an M-card they said "well we have only installed 1 of these so far."

I said "Well then I guess if you want to use me as a training tool then I would be up for that"
    They then wanted to come right out! free install to boot!

13. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Walked into Circuit City this afternoon and picked mine up. :)

14. jhershauer

jhershauer New Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ...
    Same here. Actually...orderd online this morning for pick-up, and picked it up on my lunch break. They were showing "out of stock" a short time after I bought mine, though.