Wow One Day Shipping for Lifetime Transfer Tivos

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by creativepart, Jul 12, 2007.

1. creativepart

creativepart New Member

May 7, 2007

Advertisements

I ordered my two 80 hour DT Tivo 2's online yesterday afternoon -- as part of that Lifetime Transfer offer -- and they showed up on my porch TODAY.

Of course, they were sent from Ft. Worth and within Texas UPS ships in one day for Ground shipping.

I've set up three S1 Tivos with my Dish Network in the past and it wasn't exactly hard but it was always very time consuming. This however was SUPER easy. It practically set it self up.

And the Tivo Wireless G adapter had zero trouble finding my two home networks and logging in and getting an IP address. Bingo. I was shocked how much easier it was.

I've already signed up for the Amazon OneBox downloads and moved my Season Passes to my new Tivo.

Even the Lifetime Service transfer on the telephone took 5 mins or less. Guess I just got lucky today.
    Paul Green

2. dhoward

dhoward Member

Mar 15, 2002
    Like you I took advantage of the offer. I got mine on Tuesday. It has converted to lifetime and has downloaded the latest operating system. As of yet I still do not have Tivocast or swivel. Does anyone know how long that take to get sent? I have MRV working along with the tivo desktop. Just need the other features.

3. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Nice to hear success stories!!

Way to often people only post when things are going wrong.

Thanks,

4. creativepart

creativepart New Member

May 7, 2007
    It took about 24 hours or more before the Tivocast etc showed up on mine. It started with "Pick Programs to Record" and then the next day it was just "Pick Programs" and that's where all the goodies were.

5. dhoward

dhoward Member

Mar 15, 2002

Advertisements

I sent an email to Tivo yesterday and today I had all the features. Pretty good response time.