Wow, crickets chirping...

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jonbig, Dec 22, 2011.

1. jonbig

jonbig New Member

Sep 22, 2003
    I was a very happy SD DirecTivo user, but I finally bailed out in despair in sfavor of a Premiere Elite and cable in October.

The new DirecTivo has been out a month and there's no buzz here, and in fact almost no discussion at all, except for being underwhelmed by the feature set.

It's a sad day that I find myself happy to have bailed. :(

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    What, another whiner about "no buzz"? Why don't you head over to DBStalk where there's more activity. Given the limited release and this forum's small audience, I think there's an appropriate amount of discussion. Or look in the HDTV TiVo with DirecTV section here where discussion is more appropriate.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    You should have been here a month ago. Activity here has picked like over 1000% since the THR22 was launched.

4. sbourgeo

sbourgeo Hepcat Daddio

Nov 10, 2000
    New England
    At this point, I'm just glad that my 10 year old DSR6000s still work. :D

5. ronsch

ronsch Active Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Tallahassee,...
    +1

6. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
  7. Jerry_K

Jerry_K Don't know much

Feb 7, 2002
    Maryland
    +10

Mine are DSR704 units and I sure am glad they work too.

It is a crime that the only thing not available with DTV DVRs is not implemented in the THR22, the ability to transfer programs from one DVR to another.

I recently had a DSR704 with failing tuners. Found a refurb at Weaknees and was able to move recordings we wanted to keep onto the second DSR704. Then I just swapped the hard drive from the failing unit into the refurb and we are back up and running.

I would have had two of those THR22's in a heartbeat if they had real MRV. I would have considered it even if they had implemented near useless Whole Home.

Yes there is quite a bit of chatter on DBSTalk.

8. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    You may consider the DirecTV Whole Home viewing "useless", but many do not. A lot of this is just what you have become used to - it's hard to recognize the value of an alternate approach.