WOW Cable and THD Experiences?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by szatkoff, Aug 21, 2007.

1. szatkoff

szatkoff Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Des Plaines, IL

Advertisements

What have your experiences been with WOW cable and getting the TiVo HD up and running? My unit should be here today and I would like to know what to expect from the cable co.

TIA - Steve

2. foamy909

foamy909 Member

Mar 29, 2005
    I can't comment on the TiVoHD specifically, but I have had a fairly good experience with the Series 3 with the Chicago-City line-up. One possible issue is that WOW uses Scientific Atlanta CableCards, which seem to be problematic in the TiVoHD. I get some pixelation, mostly on encrypted channels, and have two HD channels that have sporatic signal issues (218 A&EHD & 214 WealthTV HD, neither of which I watch)

I would HIGHLY recommend requesting that the installer bring 4-5 cards. They brought four to my installation and two of them would not work. Some Series 3 experiences can be found here

3. szatkoff

szatkoff Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Des Plaines, IL
    Thanks for the link. Looks like you had all kinds of issues in the beginning! Glad you are happy with your unit. : )

I ordered the cable cards and asked for them to make a note to bring a couple additional cards for backup. I guess we will see how it goes on Saturday. I am retaining the WOW HD DVR for a while, until the card issues are smoothed out.