World Series Padding

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by jeff125va, Oct 29, 2009.

1. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA

Advertisements

Unless anything changes from last night, the World Series games are scheduled from 7:30 - 10:30 eastern time. The games don't actually start until 7:57, and many if not most of the post-season games have been running well over 3 hours. I padded by 90 minutes last night just to be safe - that allows about 4 hours for the game itself.

I know most people probably watch live, and we watch quasi-live but I like to have it as a recording and switch back and forth between the game and a recorded show. FF through commercials and switch to the show once we catch up to live in the game.

2. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I think the Game 4 broadcast is scheduled to start at 8:00 on Sunday (first pitch at 8:27) because of Fox's football coverage.

-- Don

3. jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    Yeah, Sunday is later, the rest are 7:57. But I'm guessing the same issue will apply, with the "game" in the guide for a 3-hour block. I can see why there'd be more pre-game coverage, but I'm pretty sure the default length for the LCS games was 3:30, and that's with the game starting just a couple minutes in. Maybe Fox's were only 3 hours; I was paying more attention to the games on TBS.