Workaholics (comedy central) anyone?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by fmowry, Apr 16, 2011.

1. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Two episodes have been on so far. It's about 3 slacker friends who are barely scraping by working for a telemarketing agency (I think). They smoke pot, drink a lot of beer and try and get away with doing as little work as possible.

It's quire juvenile and I liked it quite a bit.

The first episode was about all 3 guys needing to pass a drug test at work the day after they all smoked pot.

The 2nd episode was one guy trying to hookup with a girl he had a crush in during HS and him having to come up with LA Clipper tickets to woo her.

I really thought both were good enough for me to keep watching. SP has been set. More of a guy hanging out with his buddies type comedy vs a sit with the wife type comedy. Juvenile humor at it's best.

2. kcarl75

kcarl75 Active Member

Oct 23, 2002
    Southern NH
    I really like it too. The main slacker reminds me of the grocery store owner from 10 items or Less. Another weird comedy.

3. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Saw the first one and thought it was not bad. Have the second one recorded but not watched yet. There's a lot of stuff on these days, with Supernatural back, FNL starting, plus new stuff on HBO and most "regular" shows back from hiatus.

4. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I saw the ads for it and went "meh" or actually "yuccho" not for the over 50 female demographic.

5. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    i'm watching and keep almost deleting the SP and then something interesting happens and I keep watching and then i want to delete it again and it happens all over again :)

so - hit or miss IMO

6. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    You are correct unless you run a medical marijuana dispensary. Then you might like it.

7. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I liked the first one and haven't seen the second. Kind of reminded me of movies like Pineapple Express. Really, sophomoric in the humor, but still made me laugh.

8. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    LOL!!!! :)

9. May 5, 2011 #9 of 45
    KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    I discovered this show last week and you're right, even tho it's low brow humor, it's REALLY funny. The boss they work for reminds me of Portia De Rossi from Better Off Ted.

10. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I love this show. It is completely stupid, but it makes me laugh.

11. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    Its tight butthole for sure.

12. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I liked this show for the first few episodes, but really, it's the same thing every week and it has gotten old. Think Pineapple Express EVERY week. I'm still watching, but I'm finding it more and more stupid but less and less funny.

13. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Last night's episode had me laughing out loud. The guy's bones being torqued was hilarious. :)

14. BK89

BK89 New Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Anyone who doesnt like this show is totally loose butthole.

15. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    And as we all know, there is nothing worse than a loose butthole.

16. acerosalez

acerosalez New Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Fantastic comedy, i was just laughing the whole time when i saw the two episodes of workaholics comedy central.

17. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I watched the S1 and it got progressively more and more of the same silly sophmoric humor. It's funny at the beginning, but how many drug induced masagonisitic (sp) jokes can you watch until it's just not funny anymore. Didn't watch S2 at all.

18. kcarl75

kcarl75 Active Member

Oct 23, 2002
    Southern NH
    Blake Anderson, the wild-haired actor famous for his role in the comedy series Workaholics, was carted to a hospital after a party stunt went terribly awry.

Stunt gone wrong: Blake Anderson underwent surgery to repair his broken back after the roof plunge. Playing to cameras at a house party on Saturday, Mr Anderson vaulted from the roof of the home and onto a beer pong table

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...son-breaks-plunging-roof-beer-pong-table.html

I heard the video is on youtube. I cant watch that stuff though.

19. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Outstanding comedy for 20 and 30 somethings who havent matured. I love it. :)

20. NetJunkie

NetJunkie New Member

Feb 19, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    VERY funny show.