Wor Of Art : The Next great Artist S02E02 OAD 10/21/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, Oct 25, 2011.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    So glad organ woman is gone. I couldn't take anymore blood and guts. Her crying fit was ridiculous. "I'm going to go on the roof and chant"

I didn't see any real movement or relation to Parkour anywhere. At least they got away from doing a whole show around poop.

2. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    The initial ideas those artists had about "movement" were so "out there" that it showed exactly what I don't like (or understand) about "fine art". As a commercial artist, I can appreciate lots of various types of art expression, but many of these pieces (and their explanations by the artists) just seem pretentious to me.

It is still interesting to watch ... seeing how various people tackle each assignment from concept to completion. And to see how one assertive opinion can derail an entire group when a team effort is required.

3. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I agree. I get a "My Kid Could Paint That" feeling when seeing a lot of the "artistic" things on display. I am absolutely NOT artistic, so watching these people is very interesting to me.

Also, I liked how they had to bleep the deaf guy by pixelating his hands!

4. swinca

swinca Menace to society

Jun 19, 2003
    Jaw-ja y'all
    I'm so glad the organ woman is gone too. She really needed to be at home taking care of her illness, and not on TV. I liked the spinning video. It was simplistic, but it at least was in the theme of movement and I got the feeling he was trying to evoke. I'm sure it must be very hard to push yourself outside of your normal boundaries and create something on demand within a defined theme. I like watching the process.