Woot has TiVo Roamio OTA & TiVo Mini 2 $30/$90

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by bwhitney, Jan 22, 2016.

1. bwhitney

bwhitney Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Kearneysvill...

Advertisements

As the headline says, Woot has reconditioned TiVo Roamios OTA for 29.99 & TiVo Mini 2 for 89.99. woot.com in their Electronics section.

http://electronics.woot.com/?ref=cp_gh_el_3

Good luck bargain hunters!

2. 7thton

7thton No raindrop ever falls in the wrong place

Mar 3, 2005
    Pretty sweet deal!

3. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot New Member

Jan 7, 2016

Does TiVo Mini from WOOT have Lifetime?

It's not addressed on their pages.

4. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Picked up the RF mini for $89, I'd assume it has Lifetime since that became std on them a while ago and it doesn't say it needs service as opposed to the OTA that is clear it does.

5. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada

Advertisements

All Minis have lifetime now. Any time you register a Mini it gives you lifetime for free now. The only ones that don't have lifetime are ones purchased/registered before the changeover.

6. HTH

HTH No Avatar Selected

Aug 28, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    Yeah, I converted a Mini 1 to lifetime a couple months ago. (Also had to unsubscribe many of my old TiVos that weren't really being used anymore.) I was tempted by that Woot deal, but It would have been for my mother and she'd be better off with the RF remote.

7. boilerjt

boilerjt New Member

May 20, 2014
    Ordered my Mini V2 from Woot on Friday, got it on Sunday! I activated it online and took over 12 hours to get it processed, though.

8. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Usually if you force some calls on both the Mini and the TiVos you can get it to link up pretty fast. Although forcing a call on a Mini stuck in Guided Setup isn't really easy to do so sometimes you just have to wait. TiVo should offer a way to manually enter your Media Access Key instead of linking up via their servers so you can just get through setup. Then they can link up via the server later.

9. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot New Member

Jan 7, 2016
  10. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I just received the OTA today for spare parts. The remote is now my new Roamio Basic RF remote. I didn't really need it but a lot of the lettering on the original remote has rubbed off. I know what all the buttons do by heart anyway. Just a few bucks more than ordering a remote from Amazon but now I also have a spare power supply for insurance even though I'll probably never need it.