Wonder Woman - Unaired NBC Pilot - Leaked

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    Just a FYI,

It looks like a copy of the unaired pilot episode of the NBC series 'Wonder Woman' as made it's way to the internet. It's on usenet and torrents. The series wasn't picked up by NBC.

The special effects and production values are not the best but it looks watchable.

2. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    Who plays Wonder Woman. Linda Carter was the only thing that made the earlier version worth watching. If this is the one with Adrianne Palicki then that could work too. :D

3. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    It's the Adrianne one. Based on what I've heard, it might be best to watch it muted. :)

4. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    Then it's just like the original.

5. nlsinger

nlsinger w00tever

Feb 8, 2006
    Eucalyptusla...
    Having watched a few minutes...

13 minutes in, the number one problem is that she can't act her way out of a paper bag. She can't pull off the gravitas she absolutely has to have. They should have dyed the villainess's hair and cast HER.

6. rloper

rloper Is there an answer?

Mar 25, 2002
    Texas
    I just finished it. It definitely had a cheese factor, but I think Ms. Palicki did a pretty good Wonder Woman. This is definitely not your typical comics version...what WW did one time to Maxwell Lord (and agonized over it for years) looks like would have been a weekly occurrence here. Worth watching once just to see a different take.

7. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    It was a very rough cut. Steel girders that a car crashed into, unfinished green screen affects and stunts with ropes.

That said, it was an interesting take on a 21st version of a superhero. Dealings with "real" law enforcement, the legal system and the merchandising meeting were good to watch.

Can't say I'm heartbroken it wasn't picked up as a series, but it was different than what I expected and caught my interest more than I thought it would.

8. David Platt

David Platt Mouse Master TCF Club

Dec 13, 2001
    Portland, OR
    The part I particularly loved was where she goes to the trouble of creating a secret identity and disguising her appearance so she cold go sit at home with her cat, watch 'The Notebook,' and update her Facebook page.

9. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    LOL!!! Here is the daughter of a goddess doing the weird cat lady thing at home. LOL!!!

10. caslu

caslu Active Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Not exactly good... but not as bad as expected based on all the rumors, I'd watch a second episode.

11. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Well I liked it! It was interesting that she wore her long pants in the opening scene, but had her star-spangled shorts in the last fight scene.

12. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    Thanks for the info, going to download it now. Although the best I've heard about it is "Pretty good show if you turn off the volume". :)

13. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Pretty much this. There were lots of things I found irritating about it, but Palecki was good as WW I thought. Get the right writers and co-cast and I could watch it. As it was though, I hated the supporting actors. And I saw absolutely no point in her "Diana Prince" identity, and wondered how often the cat went hungry.

14. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I think Wonder Woman has anti-gravitas boots.

15. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Hmmm, ok, yeah, but not great. I liked "The Cape" better. Good to see Cary Elwes again, though.

The action figure/board room discussion was funny.

I was a little surprised to see local (Tampa) newsman Keith Cate, though. I wonder how he got that cameo? He's in the brief newscast at the end about the "underground slave trade." And then he and Gayle Sierens are at the very end. Almost made the show feel "local". ;)

16. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I thought it was good for a TV show - better than The Cape IMO. They certainly would have had some things to iron out, but I think it could have been interesting.

17. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    This reminds me that I never got around to watching the failed Aquaman pilot that was made a few years ago. Is that one worth seeing?

18. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I was just reading the wikipedia page for the girl that plays Wonder Woman. She was actually in the failed Aquaman pilot too. Looking at her history, she has been in a couple failed TV shows.

I thought this pilot was ok. It wasn't what I expected. Surprised to see that Wonder Woman is like the CEO of a company and everyone knows it. Also found it weird her talking about her "****".

19. FuzzyDolly

FuzzyDolly Active Member

Dec 29, 2002
    Williamsvill...
    I think Lauren Graham would make a great Wonder Woman. Or Sandra Bullock.

20. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the tip, OP! Grabbing it now. Dang I wish I had stopped by a few days earlier! :)