Women's Murder Club - 10/13/2007 - Pilot

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Sadara, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I liked it and I think I've found a new cop show!

2. natkins

natkins New Member

Oct 15, 2004
    Aloha, OR
    I hadn't read any of Patterson's books, so I didn't go in with a preconceived idea about how the characters would be portrayed. As a result, I think I'm really, really going to like this program. :up:

3. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    The wife has read the Patterson books, I'm happy to read the show is good.

4. Dmon4u

Dmon4u Unresponsive User

Jul 15, 2000
    PA
    Just a thought...

I think the characters need to talk more about their feelings and personal lives. And, can anyone get a hug ?

5. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    I thought this show was excellent. I hope it's able to survive, having been assigned a deathwatch time slot. It was great to see Daisy, Daisy Adair getting work :)

6. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    I liked it well enough. I liked Daisy, Daisy Adair as the ice queen assistant district attorney. I thought Angie Harmon's smoky voice worked well for Lindsey Boxer. I wasn't familiar with the actress playing the medical examiner and I didn't catch the character's name either. It'll be interesting to see how the reporter fits into the dynamic with the other women who have an established working relationship. The reporter certainly brings a lot to the table with the "eidetic" memory and other useful skills.

7. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    First I'll have to erase the memory of the Lifetime (?) mini-series with Tracy Pollan as Lindsay Boxer. Then I'll watch it.

8. careys

careys New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Texas
    Both my wife and I liked it also, so it is now a season pass. If the writers can keep the plot thick without thinking they have to reel in all the non-thinking viewers with gratuitous scenes - like the scene where one of the women cops got shagged on her desk - well, we'll keep watching.

9. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    How can you call anyone "non-thinking" at the same time that you mistakenly refer to the ADA as a cop?

10. jimborst

jimborst Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 30, 2001
    IA USA
    Missed the pilot, am I really going to be out of the loop if I start with episode 2? I have read most of Patterson's books (most of the ones that this is based on) and have always enjoyed them.

11. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    nope. It's not serialized so you can just jump in.

12. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I enjoyed it and look forward to more.

13. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Dang, my TiVo didn't record the pilot. Well, it's good to know I can jump in with episode 2.

14. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Are you sure it isn't even a little serialized. The last scene in the pilot looked like it was setting up either a recurring theme or a story arc of some sort.

15. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    IM SOLD

16. mrmike

mrmike Custom User Title

May 2, 2001
    It seemed that way to me as well, particularly with the other backstory mentions of that case.

17. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    I was completed underwhelmed by this show. I'm really surprised to see so many here like it. Just seemed to be trying to hard to be too many things and really looked like it belonged on Lifetime and not a network channel. And that's not a channel I ever watch...

Too much touchy feely stuff to make it a believeable cop/mystery show for me.

Cheryl

18. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    You need to start watching Blood Ties.

19. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    That Laura Harris hair style is horrible, but I thought the show was decent.

20. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    That hairstyle is something you either think is ugly or something you think is utterly hot. She's worn her hair like that before, so it seems to be a personal preference, that producers seem willing to use, rather than something imposed by the role.