Without a Trace starts 45 min. late on CBS

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by kenjo, Mar 21, 2007.

1. kenjo

kenjo New Member

Feb 20, 2007

Advertisements

Sunday 3-18-07 "Without a Trace" started 45 min. late because of football.
    Should Tivo have corrected for this.
    I ended up with only 15 min. of the show.
    Thanks,

2. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    How would you expect TiVo to correct for it?

It was late because of a basketball game that was supposed to end at 7, but ran late.

I suppose that it's theoretically possible for it to automatically pad everything an extra hour on each channel that follows a live event, but I think that's asking a bit much.

3. MountainMan41

MountainMan41 Skyrim Mage

Feb 28, 2005
    Oregon
    Look at Kenjo's post count, Amnesia. Or did you *forget* when you were a newbie. He should get pointed to a discussion of how TIVO works. I remember when I thought that all adjustments in time were *live* adjustments. Kenjo just needs to know that TIVO does not work that way--That the times are set for the shows in advance. He needs to know how to pad for shows that are scheduled following a variable length live event. I don't know where these discussions are, and am too lazy to go look for them right now. Kenjo, if you are reading this, do a search to find out how TIVO sets its times. Look in this forum or in the directions that came with your unit to find out how to *pad* a program (add time to a program that is scheduled).