With TivoToGo SD transfers and plays great, HD, not so much

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by chademe, Oct 3, 2011.

1. chademe

chademe New Member

Sep 7, 2007

Advertisements

So I've got TivoToGo up and running, and I can transfer shows from my HD XL to my PC just fine. When I play standard definition shows, everything is great. But when I play high definition shows, the audio and video are jumpy or out of synch. I thought this may be a codec problem at first so I played with that a bit, but noticed that the places where the audio and video cut out are different every time I play it. So maybe it's getting decoded properly but my computer just can't keep up? Is it possible that my processor isn't up to speed? I'm running Windows XP with 1GB of RAM and 2.2MHz processor.

Thanks,
    Chad

2. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    The 1GB of Ram may be your problem for HD video.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    If your processor is single core, that might be an issue as well.

My last system was single core 2.2 MHz with 2GB of RAM.
    I could watch HD video, but I couldn't multitask.

To improve your current system, definitely get some more RAM, and add a video card (if you're using on board video).

4. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    2.2 MHz processors? What are those, Commodore computers? :D

5. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO

Advertisements

Good one though I'm not sure how many people got that one. I started with a TRS 80 so got the joke,...

6. chademe

chademe New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    GHz, Mhz, Is there that big of a difference?:eek:

It is an old system though, and I've maxed out the RAM capacity. There is a video card, an NVidia GeForce 5600 with 512 MB of RAM. I may try it again and shut down everything but the video player to see if that helps.

thanks,
    Chad