Wishlist reruns not recording

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by funtoupgrade, Aug 12, 2011.

1. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    Have my wishlist set to record all first runs and reruns of While Collar on USA network. Last Tuesday there was a White Collar marathon on USA for most of the day which did show in the TiVo guide but none were recorded. This has also happened occasionally with other wish lists. Is this a bug or what?

2. pig_man

pig_man Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Check the Recording History to see why those shows didn't record. Maybe it was the 28 day rule.

3. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    I don't seem to have any way to check the recording history. I tried all the menu selections at TiVo Central. What is the 28 day rule anyway?

4. SpiritualPoet

SpiritualPoet New Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Texas
    If I understand correctly the 28 day rule means the machine won't record a program that aired within the last 28 days. (An exact "episode title" program).

5. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    "Recording History" can be checked from the "To Do" list (it is at the very top of the to do list).

The "28 day rule", I guess, means that ordinarily, the Tivo will not record a program that shows(showed) up on the to list within the past 28 days. However, fairly certain that is not the case if "first runs and repeats" are requested. If reruns(repeats) are requested, they will be recorded, regardless(unless at conflict with a show of higher priority).

Another possible way to determine if you have set up the wishlist so as to properly record is, if you know said program(s) are due to air within the next 2 weeks, check the "view upcoming programs" options during the wishlist set up. If the programs you expected to be recorded don't have a check by them, they will not record. Again, see "recording history" to see why a show was not(or will not) be recorded.

If the show(s) are not listed at all in the "view upcoming programs", and you know they should be listed, you may need to check on the way you are setting up the wish list(spelling, wording, options, etc.).

Good lucl.

6. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    To override the 28 day rule, perhaps you need to select "All (with duplicates)". If you just select "Repeats & first-run" the 28 day rule applies, I think.

7. dwit

dwit Active Member

May 4, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    "With duplicates", yes, that's what I meant.