Wishlist for music documentaries

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jaj2276, Aug 21, 2009.

1. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007

Advertisements

Does anyone have any wishlists set up that search for documentaries and/or histories on musicians/bands? For example, I loved VH1 Behind the Music episodes (I could watch the No Doubt one over and over again). Recently I also saw a 4-hour documentary on Tom Petty that was also fantastic. I'd like to try and create a wishlist that will catch both of these types of shows.

And if this isn't the proper forum for this thread, then apologies beforehand and mods please move!

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    I have artist-specific wishlists. If you're thinking of a wishlist to record all musical documentaries, I'd think that would be constantly recording.

3. jaj2276

jaj2276 Member

Dec 25, 2007
    Hmm, well i don't know if i could hit all the artists that I like. I could probably narrow it down to genres I suppose (80s/90s rock). What I don't want are live concerts. How do you have a wishlist set up for a specific artist?

4. anom

anom Enlightened

Apr 18, 2005
    It might be easier to just thumbs up as many music documentaries as you can find in the genres you like, and hope that your suggestions list takes the hint.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale

Advertisements

I don't know why you don't want concerts.

But for the general issue, just create a new keyword wishlist for the band/artist name.

I too have *tons* of artist specific wishlists. Unfortunately, there are a lot of false positives for some (e.g. "Pink").

You MIGHT be able to have the artist name and make it require to NOT have "live" or "concert" with the new-ish functionality in wishlists.