Wishlist behaves differently on my new Premiere

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by lstone19, Mar 18, 2012.

1. lstone19

lstone19 Member

Mar 28, 2003

Advertisements

Just bought a new Premiere last week to replace an HD (HD moving to our bedroom). I was migrating SPs and Wishlists. Had a WL on the HD for Title Keyword: Survivor and Actor: Probst, Jeff which worked perfectly for getting Survivor without getting lots of other junk and working from season-to-season since the show's title changes every season.

Added the WL to the Premiere and it came up with nothing. Experimented with a WL for just Actor: Probst, Jeff and it came up with nothing.

So why does the HD associate Probst with Survivor but the Premiere doesn't? Or is this one of those things where a new TiVo needs several days to have all its data fully populated?

2. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    I don't know the answer but have you tried bringing up the extra info page to see what actors are listed in the guide data for survivor?

(You should be able to access it by pressing the info button on the remote while viewing the episode description. From the guide you may need to select "season pass & other options" first)

That should at least let you know if the problem is the guide data or the wishlist matching.

3. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town
    I'm having a Wishlist issue. My previous TiVos are DirecTv units from 2000 and 2004. I just got a Premiere, and the Wishlists are different.

I used to have a Wishlist for "Season Premiere" that would record any show that appeared as a premiere episode. I can't find anything like that in the new TiVo Premiere...is it there anywhere?

4. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
  5. hefe

hefe Rebus Philbin

Dec 5, 2000
    CO via Chi-town

Advertisements

I don't think so. The problem is that I can't even find the "Season Premiere" category to use in making the Wishlist.

6. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    The non DTV TiVo units never got that capability for some reason, probably because Tribune guide data doesn't have the information readily available. I do have a semblance of this capability within kmttg for searching for show Premieres but it's pretty slow since it has to mine 12 days worth of guide data for selected set of channels you define. I hear next software update will likely kill kmttg remote capability completely though so this may be a short-lived feature...

7. lstone19

lstone19 Member

Mar 28, 2003
    Probst is listed as "Host", not "Actor" on both the HD and the Premiere. So obviously, the WL logic is different between the two with Host counting as Actor on the HD but not on the Premiere.