Wiring question

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rond310, Aug 20, 2007.

1. rond310

rond310 New Member

Aug 26, 2005
    Just upgraded to HD and moved my Dtivo upstairs. Unfortunately only one wire is run to the bedroom. Dtv came out and installed the new 5 LNB dish and the inputs are run to my basement where there is a 8 way multiswitch that distributes the signal throughout the house. Can I split the wire in the bedroom to use both Tivo inputs. I didn't think so but thought I would ask.

One other thing, the DTV installer used a different 8 way multiswith in the basement for the install and I still have the 8 way switch he removed. Can I hook up the one wire coming into the bedroom to my old 8 way switch and then use two outputs on the switch to hook up to the Tivo.

Any other ideas that would not involve a new wire run to the upstairs bedroom would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron

2. HiDefGator

HiDefGator New Member

Oct 12, 2004
    You will need a to run another wire from the new multiswitch to the dvr.

Splitting the existing wire will not work. Adding your old switch to it will not work either.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    The old switch will need four connections from the new switch in order to work. But, then it will only get the 101/110/119 sats.

This info doesn't help with your problem, but thought I'd throw that out for others that might ask.:)

As previous mentioned, you need to run a second line if you want dual tuners on the bedroom DVR.