Wireless Network Adapter work with S3

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by DingoAce10, Sep 21, 2007.

1. DingoAce10

DingoAce10 New Member

Sep 13, 2007

Advertisements

What's up all,
    Just wanted to make sure before I bought it...The wireless network adapter:
    http://store.tivocommunity.com/merc...e=EA&Product_Code=2778&Category_Code=WNDVPA04

Works on S3 right? The description on tivocommunity store and the CC site just mention S2. I assume it works, but just want to make sure.
    Thanks!

PS. Just purchased my first Tivo! Can't wait for it to come! Have a DVR, but have wanted the actual "tivo" for a while.

2. CharlesH

CharlesH Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Sacramento...
  3. CCourtney

CCourtney Member

Mar 28, 2006
    El Dorado...
    Yes, it works on the Tivo S3 and HD boxes. BTW, it's $10 less on amazon.com.

CCourtney

4. DingoAce10

DingoAce10 New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks! I just thought of something...My modem is in the same cabnet as the tivo will be...Is there an ethernet input in the back of the tivo so I can hardwire it in?
    Thanks!

5. CCourtney

CCourtney Member

Mar 28, 2006
    El Dorado...

Advertisements

Yes, there is an Ethernet port on the back of the S2 DT, Series 3, and Tivo HD DVRs.

CCourtney

6. DingoAce10

DingoAce10 New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    DAMN IT!!! So I don't need the wireless adapter that I JUST bought from the store here...
    Now I have to find a way to cancel the order.

7. blhirsch

blhirsch Tivo-riffic!

Mar 1, 2003
    I believe, like the TivoHD, it has onboard ethernet in the back.

I have my TivoHD using ethernet to an existing wireless bridge and it saved me from having to purchase a WAY overpriced simple wireless adapter.

8. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Do you mean the Buffalo wireless bridge? If not, which others are there?

9. demon

demon BURNINATOR

Nov 15, 2006
    Western SD
    Personally I use two Airport Express base stations in WDS mode to extend my network via 802.11g from office to living room. The digital audio streaming doesn't hurt either. :)

10. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    I use Airport Express stations on my S2 and S3, which connect via WDS to an Airport Extreme. The TiVoHD I have coming on Monday will get wired ethernet.

11. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Nothing wrong with using a wireless bridge, but the Tivo Wireless G adapter has a chip to offload some of the processing for TTG/MRV, so calling it a "simple wireless adapter" is a bit misleading.

12. blhirsch

blhirsch Tivo-riffic!

Mar 1, 2003
    No, I use the airport express in WDS mode, like others on this thread are doing.... Works like a charm, and also extends my network while it's at it. Plus, AirTunes to the receiver.