Wireless Laptop, Wired TiVo

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by kenenos, Apr 21, 2010.

1. kenenos

kenenos New Member

Apr 13, 2010

Advertisements

Really a newbie question I know, but I couldn't find the answer when I searched.

If my Tivo is wired, will I be able to stream/share videos with the wireless computers on my network? I've tried Tivo Desktop, Streambaby, and PyTiVo, and the wired TiVo will not recognize the videos on the wireless laptop (Streambaby and PyTiVo) and the wireless laptop will not recognize the shows on the wired TiVo (TiVo Desktop).

Thanks in advance.

2. Karl Childers

Karl Childers New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    A...
    I am using TiVo Desktop 2.8 with a hard-wired Ethernet connection between the TiVo and my wireless router and transfering programs to my laptop via wireless connection to the router, so my configuration is pretty much the same as yours. I use TiVo Desktop on a daily basis to view HD programming on my computer because I have only a standard definition television.

I'm assuming your laptop is able to actually "see" the TiVo on your network, but you are just not able to see the TiVo's Now Playing List. If that's the case, I would recommend ensuring that you have the correct Media Access Key (MAK) entered into TiVo Desktop. You can find the MAK either from the TiVo itself by going to TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Account & System Information > Media Access Key, or by logging into your account at TiVo.com and accessing your MAK from your account information on the website.

Hope this helps. . . .

3. kenenos

kenenos New Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Thanks Karl, finally got it to work.