Wireless Intel WUD2011BWW working

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by LBV, Dec 27, 2005.

1. LBV

LBV New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    FYI

Even though it wasn't listed at all in the working/accepted devices I had a spare Intel "Pro/Wireless 2011B LAN USB Device" when I just got my Tivo this Christmas, plugged it in and it just successfully connected and downloaded.

I looked for a contact on the working devices page to see what else I can test so it gets listed as "reported to work" but didn't see one. It's bulkier than the average USB adapters listed, but it is a high quality device IMHO and I got it on ebay years ago for about $30 so it's probably $5-10 now (just looked and saw buy it now of $8+sh) for those who don't want to shell out an extra $60.

I'd like to test out capabilities before I have anyone rush out to buy it on my word, so if you have any suggestions let me know.

I haven't used WEP yet (it actually connected to my neighbors since theres no encryption) but I'll try out WEP in the next few days with my access point. Once it's on my network I'll also try out music/picture sharing.

Thanks,
    Lou

2. LBV

LBV New Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Some time after I got this working I was messing with the unit and it suggested an update. Then it stopped working and nothing I've done has gotten it working again.

It's really frustrating that I know this wifi will work, but something done by the sofware has broken it.

Oh well, off to get the Tivo wireless adapter.

Lou