Wireless Adapter for Pioneer DVR-810H?

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by Svenfran, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Svenfran

Svenfran New Member

Jan 3, 2011

Advertisements

Just acquired a Pioneer DVR-810H from my sister and did a "delete all" so I could do Guided Setup for my area. I have no landline, so I need to know what USB wireless adapter will work to do a networked connection. I tried a new Belkin wireless N with no luck. I suspect the version 7.3 software on the DVR only supports older wireless adapters. Any suggestion for a model that would be compatible. I can't upgrade to software version 9.3 (which might be compatible with later model adapters) until I get hooked up. Kind of a chicken and egg situation. Thanks for any help,
    PS- The list at at tivo.com support does not show any wireless adapters for models (like mine) that begin with service number 275.

Svenfran

2. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    I think you will have to find someone with a land line to let you run guided setup.

3. supersnoop

supersnoop Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Just about any wired adapter will work. I haven't tried a wireless on my Pioneer.

4. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    If you visit www.tivo.com/adapters you will see a list of adapters, both wired and wireless, that will work with your DVR.

The TiVo brand wireless G adapter is really your best choice for a wireless connection. It offloads driver work from the DVR so it won't slow the interface down the way the other listed wireless adapters will. For a wired connection there may be more recent adapter that will work that are not shown there, but finding one will be a trial and error experience.