Windows Radius Server and TiVo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by cloudycloud, Sep 25, 2011.

1. cloudycloud

cloudycloud New Member

Jun 5, 2007
    I'm considering installing a Windows Home Server into my network and once installed, I had planned on configuring Radius authentication for my wireless network.

I have a Series 3 Tivo using a TiVo Brand Wireless Adapter.

My concern is that the wireless adapter will NOT be able to authenticate against the Radius server. I haven't found any place to enter username/password information on the Tivo, nor have I read about a way to exclude particular devices from being authenticated.

Has anyone dealt with placing a Tivo Wireless adapter in a Radius authenticated wireless network?

Running CAT5 would be an ugly or impossible solution.

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Don't know if it can handle Radius, but go into change network settings (Messages and settings, settings, network settings or phone and network settings--or something like that, it varies from series to series), select static IP (can't hurt, eliminates any chance of problem with DHCP), tell it the IP to use, tell it to use the router's IP for gateway and DNS, and then it should start looking for the wireless network, give you the names it finds floating around in the air, pick the one that's yours, and then tell it what kind of encryption and password.

After you get the Tivo squared away, set your wireless not to broadcast its name.