Windows Media Player Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by TivoZorro, Jun 29, 2007.

1. TivoZorro

TivoZorro New Member

Jul 16, 2000
    Pinehurst,...

Advertisements

Am I doing something wrong with Windows Media Player? When I watch a transfered Tivo Recording and I hit pause and go do whatever I have to do and then come back and hit play it returns me to the beginning of the program. Why won't it save my place in the show?

2. Justin Thyme

Justin Thyme Contra sceleris

Mar 29, 2005
    Windows media player has a number of oddities about it- I have a hard time figuring out their new UI.

If you are open to using a different player, give VLC a try- it plays pretty nearly everything with no complaint, can be used for transcoding, and even can be made to act as a streaming server.

3. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    Seems to be a problem with Media Player.

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Just posting to report that I have WMP 11 and pausing does not lose the place in the show, but hitting the stop button does.

5. richsadams

richsadams Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2003

Advertisements

Good advice. :up:

The KMPlayer is another media player that is quick, hassle free, versital, not a resource hog and almost always works without fail. Oh, and it's FREE!

6. SoCalFKK

SoCalFKK New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Los Angeles
    And you can't scrub over the commercials either. The slightest touch on the WMP11 slider makes the video snap back to the start. Watching recordings this way was so lame I decided to make all future TTG transfers iPod-compatible so I watch them in iTunes. Advantages: Playback position is bookmarked, scrubbing is allowed. Disadvantage: 320x240 size.

7. robk33

robk33 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    the KM Player was jumpy working on Vista, still looking for a media player that works!

8. supasta

supasta Active Member

May 6, 2006
    Colorado
    Windows Media Player Classic will play almost anything I throw at it. Free. Works very well. Not sure on Vista support.