WINDFALL "priceless" ep moved to 9/3 12:30pm est

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Stylin, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Stylin

Stylin Stylish Jane Sixpack

Dec 31, 2004
    NYC

Advertisements

I think I may be the only member who still watches this show (I actually like it and am sad it's being cancelled), but WINDFALL will not be shown this Thurs. as usual, due to a sport game and has been moved to 9/3 12:30pm est.

2. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    My wife is still watching it, as well. Guide data shows that will will still air at the usual time on the West Coast, I believe.

3. Chapper1

Chapper1 Broncos Faithful

Jan 1, 2004
    Appleton, WI
    It is showing as usual in the Charlotte market. Is there a Giants or Jets game on Thursday night in NYC that is causing this?

4. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    Must be a NY thing. My local NBC affiliate still lists the normal Thursday night lineup. However, the NY NBC channel I get from DirecTV has an NFL game instead.

5. psywzrd

psywzrd Member

Mar 25, 2003

Advertisements

I actually still watch this POS too. All you need to know about how NBC feels about this show is that they're dumping the season finale on a Sunday afternoon. Pathetic.

6. Chapper1

Chapper1 Broncos Faithful

Jan 1, 2004
    Appleton, WI
    What part of "There is a sports game on" did you not get? Also, a couple of us have verified this is still going to be on in other parts of the country as scheduled. I don't think this is indicitive of NBC dumping the show on Sunday afternoon...

7. julgem007

julgem007 New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Windfall has been cancelled? Yuck. I really enjoy the show!

8. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I like this show too, but it was basically cancelled before it even started. It was meant to be a mid-season replacement and never made it, so they used the existing episodes as a Summer replacement...

9. psywzrd

psywzrd Member

Mar 25, 2003
    Um - I understood the "sports game" thing completely. I work in the business so I think have a pretty clear understanding of how these things work.

You don't air a show's season finale on a Sunday afternoon in the biggest market in the country unless you're trying to dump it. If they had faith that they could get any kind of a decent rating from that show, believe me they would find a primetime slot somewhere to air it. Heck, even Saturday night would be better than Sunday afternoon. How many primetime shows can you name that have had their season finale's aired on a Sunday afternoon, even if it was only in one market? If NBC liked the show so much, they wouldn't air the finale at all on Thursday since they can't show it in NY - they would push the finale to another day altogether.

10. Stylin

Stylin Stylish Jane Sixpack

Dec 31, 2004
    NYC
    Yeah, I'd have to agree that moving it to a Sunday afternoon (????) was a very clear indication of NBC's respect for the show...The finale sucked and still left things hanging. So long WINDFALL...

11. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    the last 3 min of the show....ugh....can't say more of course... ;)