Win Media Player - Playlists

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by bjlanger, May 8, 2007.

1. bjlanger

bjlanger New Member

Apr 27, 2007

Advertisements

is it possbile to access windows media player playlistys thru Tivo (Tivo Desktop)

thanks -- Brian

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
  3. bjlanger

bjlanger New Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Thanks Dan -- i modified the playlist name (from .wpl to .m3u) then published. While the playlist directory and name.m3u file are now accessable, Tivo indicates the files were not playable. these song files work fine when accessed directly...vs off the playlist. any thoughts were the problem lies or other suggestions ??

BTW -- I'm using your WMA thingie. Very nice. On behalf of many Ks of WMAers -- Thank you!!

Cheers Brian

4. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You can't simply rename it. What you have to do is go into WMP, highlight the play list and then click "Save As" and change the output format to .m3u. That will put it in the proper format.

Dan

5. bjlanger

bjlanger New Member

Apr 27, 2007

Advertisements

Humm !?!?....its still not working.

Steps I've taken:

WMP File Menu > Save Now Playing List As > Save Type as *.m3u

Again, I can see the new playlist.m3u file, but Tivo still come back with the message that it contains no playable music.

6. Dan203

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Are your music files wma? If so then you will need my plug-in to play them. Also if they are encrypted then your out of luck, as nothing but WMP can play encrypted wma files.

Dan

7. climb99

climb99 New Member

Nov 28, 2007
    For some reason the WMP saves the file location for each song as a relative path - such as "..\Pearl Jam\Nothingman.mp3"

you need to open the .m3u file and add the correct path for each song - such as "c:\My Music\Pearl Jam\Nothingman.mp3"

I found that if you open the .m3u with word you can do a find and replace.