Will you watch the final ER episode ?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DianaMo, Mar 27, 2009.

1. I'll watch both the episode and the series in review show.

92 vote(s)
    43.4%
  2. I'll watch the episode, but not the review show.

24 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. I'll watch the review show and skip the final episode.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'll Tivo the final story, but not watch until much later.

20 vote(s)
    9.4%
  5. I'll be saving these shows to DVD too.

4 vote(s)
    1.9%
  6. Not watching the final ER episodes or review.

29 vote(s)
    13.7%
  7. I don't watch ER at all.

68 vote(s)
    32.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DianaMo

DianaMo Cubs fan

Oct 22, 2003

Advertisements

Quote from Tivo listings...

4/2/09 07:00 PM

4/2/09 08:00 PM

Also see:

http://www.nbc.com/ER/

2. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    I stopped watching years ago when all of the original stars left and they started making Abby a main character. I see the previews/commercials and kind of know what's happening and what actors are on now, but I just lost interest.

3. Dancar

Dancar Member

Oct 8, 2001
    Seattle,...
    I also stopped watching the show several years ago after most of the original cast left and they just recycyled old storylines.

But we did watch it enough that we gotta see how it ends.

4. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Stopped watching after the "Breakfast Club" episode where it was obvious they were trying to pass the torch to the younger no-name cast. My wife still watches faithfully. I might check out the finale just out of curiosity.

5. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA

Advertisements

I stopped watching midway through the season about 4 or 5 years ago. I don't remember why I stopped, but I do remember it was the season when John Stamos first showed up as a paramedic.

I thought about catching some of the last episodes that had the return of former characters they kept hyping. But they never bothered to say exactly when these characters would be returning and I didn't care enough to seek the info out. *shrug*

6. Sparty99

Sparty99 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Ferndale, MI
    I watched the "comeback" episode with Doug and Carol and Benton. I got a huge kick out of the scene where Doug was talking with the current crew about whether or not certain people were still there, and they didn't know any of the same people. It was a great way to either show how long they'd been on or parody the fact that no one anyone knew was still there.

I'm normally interested in most series finales, but this one doesn't interest me that much. I'll probably wait to hear the reviews and then maybe find it on torrents.

7. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I've watched all these years (so no need to watch the clip show), it wouldn't be right if I didn't watch the finale.

8. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    I'll watch both. I saw every single episode up until midway through last season, I think. I've seen the last five or six, though, and will finish it up.

9. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I'll watch both. Like Devdog, I stopped with the Breakfast Club ep. Watched the Clooney/Margulies comeback and it felt like episodes of old. I'll probably end up going back and re-watching all 15 seasons eventually to see what I missed.

10. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    I stopped watching somewhere around the time that Noah Wyle was doing all that Africa crap. It just wasn't the same show anymore. I liked the old Chicago-centered ER with gritty urban storylines. When they started doing too much of the "feel-good cause of the week" I made my exit.

It still appeals to my wife though and I imagine she will be all over both the finale and the review.

11. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    I should. I haven't watched it in several years, but used to really like this show a whole lot.

12. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I'll record both and watch both *much* later. I stopped watching several years ago, but have *almost* all of them on DVD (some burned to DVD-Rs, unfortunately some UN-finalized after my burner's drive went bad, a bunch on DVD-RWs).. and I missed a couple over the years due to various recording failures/power outages..

So even though I'll record them, I'm semi-seriously thinking of just waiting a year or so (until they become *comparatively* cheap), and buying a whole 'er' megaset DVD.. (most everyone else will be on BluRay by then, so hopefully the "cruddy" DVD sets will be cheap).

13. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I marked do not watch at all. In the beginning many of my friends encouraged me to watch and I figured I would catch it in syndication but as soon as I heard of how many cast changes had been made over the entirity of the series I lost any interest. Just wanted to share. :)

14. visionary

visionary HAVE BRAIN WILL USE!

May 31, 2006
    Norfolk Va.
    I'll watch but the series has been poor several years. I saw the one this week and it seemed to have nothing in it like I expected to see all these old faces and what they had been doing, instead just a typical episode.

I don't like that they act like they are not there to make big money from the poor, and act like they are so giving and charitable, and even the silliness of seeing an ER doctor go chasing someone out in the city to try to bring him back in!! I mean he isn't even that persons doctor, just an ER doc, even someones regular doctor would never do that (unless he feared some kind of liability from wrong meds or something) and all these people act like they don't charge. Then the patients NEVER ask or consider options based on cost, nor do we ever see stuff canceled because the insurance co said no.

ER could have been a good voice to get changes, instead it did nothing. Ever hear even once this isn't covered, it's pre-existing, pay up now or you are out on street. That would be real and make a good show too that might help get this changed!!

15. Mikeyis4dcats

Mikeyis4dcats Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2003
    you want to know why thery act like no one pays??

BECAUSE IN ILLINOIS (and many other states) IT IS ILLEGAL TO REFUSE EMERGENCY MEDICAL TREATMENT TO ANYONE.

Duh. They ARE providing free treatment in most cases.

http://law.justia.com/illinois/codes/chapter21/1231.html

16. stargazer21

stargazer21 Active Member

May 22, 2002
    Hockey...
    I've taken the night off work, and have a few nurse and paramedic friends (along with the Kiddo) coming over to watch the whole three hours. Some of them have never missed an episode, and some (like me) quit watching a few seasons ago (I started watching again this season when I realized it was the last)...but we all still love it. The Kiddo says that he can't remember a time when it wasn't on, since he was three when it first aired.

I suspect there will be much wine and tears. :eek:

17. Robin

Robin Impolite arrogant woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I'll watch both, eventually. I've watched the entire run of the series, including slogging through the Africa stuff. I've never been a John Carter fan.

It used to be "must see TV", but now it's "laundry folding TV"--something I can half watch while doing something else and not risk missing something like on my good shows.

18. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    i haven't watched the show in several years, but i will tivo the finale and maybe get around to watching it. definitely not must see tv anymore.

19. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    Yeah, probably. Haven't watched it in YEARS but I'm always a sucker for finales.

20. DianaMo

DianaMo Cubs fan

Oct 22, 2003
    'ER' built strong Chicago ties and took its setting seriously

By Mark Caro and Robert K. Elder | Tribune reporters
    March 29, 2009

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/arts/chi-0329-er-chicago-covermar29,0,2115858.story

Noah Wyle recalls early years
    By Denise Martin | Tribune Newspapers
    March 29, 2009
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/arts/chi-er-pilot-0329mar29,0,4499092.story

'ER' final episode: Networks unlikely to deliver such a drama again

Phil Rosenthal | Media
    March 29, 2009

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnists/chi-sun-phil-rosenthal-29mar29,0,6604578.column