Will Tivo record a show if you are watching it?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Supertrooper, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Supertrooper

Supertrooper Supertrooper

Dec 30, 2005
    Texas

Advertisements

I have Cold Case on my season pass manager. But I watched the show and hoped it was going to record it for my wife to watch it. But when my wife went to watch it the show was'nt recorded. Maybe I did something wrong? I don,t know. I am a new Tivo user so I am still learning. Thanks for the help. :confused: :confused:

2. ExcelGal

ExcelGal Math is our Friend

Sep 26, 2005
    Minnesota's...
    TiVo should have recorded it whether you watched at the same time or not. Do you have another Season Pass for the same time? If so, and Cold Case was listed lower in the Season Pass Manager, it would have recorded the other show instead.

3. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Recording History should tell you why the show was not recorded.

4. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Do you have to season pass set to First Run Only? Because Cold Case has been in reruns for a few weeks, so that might be why it didn't record.

Also, general tip for recording Cold Case, if you haven't already found out the hard way. The Sunday football games frequently run long, sometimes very long, so Cold Case starts late more often than not. Up to 57 minutes late!
    So if you want to be sure to record all of it, I'd recommend setting the recording options for the season pass to stop recording 1 hour later.