Will I loose Anything on Premiere XL4 if I do a Repeat Guided Setup?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by MPSAN, Aug 29, 2020.

1. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...

Advertisements

Well, here we go again!
    I have 2 premieres and one is an XL4 where the guide has missing guide info on some stations with gaps a day here and a day there.
    So, TIVO CHAT said that if my reboots and forced connection does not fix it, as the XL4 loads the guide in seconds, then I should do a Repeat Guided Setup. They said that WOULD force updated guide data. So, after recovering from a clear and delete everything on my other Premiere (Thank you for new Image) will I loose anything like my recordings and One Pass settings as I believe that WILL force a rebuild of the guide.
    Am I correct...perhaps I should wait a day to see if it will clear on its own but I do not believe it will.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You can force a guide and channel rebuild by running two Guided setups. Only running one is 99% effective, but the box remember your zipcode, so it skips a few things. After running the GS for the proper parameters, you will still need to set all your personal preferences and audio/video stuff. You don't lose 1P or recordings. You can start the second GS after the box tells you to hit the TiVo button. Yes, a CPI&TDL will be a bad thing. But you can still wait until Monday since I received a crap update today. Happens every Friday or Saturday. It clears up on Monday.

3. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    OK...I CAN wait to see what happens. My good Premiere has guide data up to Sept 10th but the bad one seems stuck on Sept 8th. Will the repeate Guided Setup mess up my Cable Card Pairing?

4. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    repeating guided setup will not effect pairing, my shows, 1p's, or manually scheduled recordings. after completing the setup and triggering the first download, it will take a while for the guide to index and populate the first few days, then subsequent connections will eventually fill the guide fully.

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Not at all.

6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Why for?

7. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    OK! So even a non 1P will be recognized? I guess I am only dreaming if I think it will fix itself!

8. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Because it locks up the Premiere and you will need a clean image to recover...at least that is what happened to me and a bunch of others as the KS did not work!

9. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Yikes!!

I’d run it on a Roamio in the past w/ no issue; wasn’t aware of the Premiere glitch. Thanks.

10. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Joe you said I would have to redo this...

personal preferences and audio/video stuff.

I only remember telling it to use HDMI, etc...not sure what else.So I do not believe the guide will fix itself, but will wait for Tomorrow to see. So, a movie that I had selected will still record as it is not, of course, a 1P. I guess I do not need to try to backup anything.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  11. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Video resolutions, panel video are two that might get changed, but that depends on your defaults.

12. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    See: Tivo Customer Support Community It's the issue with bold type. To be accurate, the process doesn't wipe the drive. It's the recovery that wipes the drive. TE4 is ok.

Also, a KS works with a Premiere but not with a Roamio. I've done it twice.

13. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Yikes.
    DD03B843-0CFC-4F07-9AFF-14F5B2C9147A.jpeg

So is this a problem with TE3 Roamios and BOLTs, as well, or just Premieres?

Thanks for the info.

14. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    All TE3. It's just easier to fix with a Premiere with a KS 57. I feel it's due to changes in the guide. Right now I have my usual weekend TE4 style guide on both TE3 Roamio boxes. It should fix itself tomorrow.

15. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    KS NEVER worked on my Premiere!

16. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    OK, so NOW would it be safe to try a Repeat Guided Setup as the servers seem to be OK now and their ONLINE guide seems fixed. Yesterday my BAD XL4 went from bad info and guide data stuck at Sept 8th to Sept 7th! Now it is back to Sept 8th again but the guide is still a mess. I guess it would be OK today to do a GS...wish me luck. I assume a GS will not brick the Premiere like the Clear and Delete everything that happened a few months ago and was the subject in the Community...and TIVO said sorry we bricked your TIVO but you can buy another one!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  17. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Joe you said to run 2 GS. OK, but you said to do the first one and add my personal settings. Then run it again. Does it make sense to leave the settings alone the first time as I would think they would get messed up again on my second GS.

18. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The object is to make your TiVo flush the old data out, as if you moved. Then the second pass is to let it think you moved back, so it will put the correct data back. A Guided Setup can tell you are just doing a repeat and not download what's already there. Personal settings can be ignored until you are finished the second phase.

19. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Great. I will do this...I wish me luck and can not figure out why it would screw up!

20. MPSAN

MPSAN Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2009
    Portland,...
    Well, will this still work as there are so many people having issues in another thread. I wonder if I should do a GS and if it is fixed just leave it alone or should I still do 2? I am going to use my correct ZIP code for both. Would waiting a day or 2 before the 2nd GS be the same as doing it right after the first GS?