"WILL" be deleted within 3 days

Discussion in 'VirginMedia TV with TiVo - UK' started by geekspeak, Mar 15, 2011.

1. geekspeak

geekspeak New Member

Oct 1, 2002

Advertisements

Edited; I figured "WILL" be deleted within 3 days doesn't actually mean WILL be deleted but "could" be deleted. At least I hope not as I have only used 40% storage.

Just looked weird as I turned on and noticed lots of the symbols had changed in "my shows".

2. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Yes. I agree. I think that should be changed to "may be deleted....". Rather less scary for novice users :D

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Perhaps instead of a "no copy" flag, the content providers have a "limited life copy" flag.

I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

4. Toad13

Toad13 New Member

Feb 19, 2011
    My understanding is that old episodes of a Series Link WILL be deleted once you've reached the maximum number you chose (default 10; 25 or All also available) even if there's plenty of room left. When I selected "All" and "keep until I delete" it issued a dire warning of what would happen when the box filled up, not quite along the lines of 'it will explode and fill the living room with shrapnel' but not far off.

5. geekspeak

geekspeak New Member

Oct 1, 2002

Advertisements

Today I find all the symbols have gone back to what they were two days ago and nothing is showing as will be deleted within 3 days or 24 hours, any more. I have changed nothing. Only watched a 1 hour recording.

So definitely a bug somewhere and one that doesn't give confidence that I won't turn on one day to find a whole load of recordings deleted incorrectly.

6. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle Geek

Apr 1, 2002
    Manchester
    They'll be marked for deletion, but as long as there's space they will be kept around. I've got folders with 15 episodes in..