WiFi connection issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by hybucket, Mar 15, 2021.

1. hybucket

hybucket Member

Nov 26, 2004

Advertisements

I've got 2 TiVOs...Roamio and Premiere. The Roamio notified me I was not getting an internet connection. I checked, and it was not showing any WiFi signals in my area..it usually lists at least a dozen signals that are available, and never had any problems. I did the usual unplugs with the TiVO and the modem... no difference. Called customer service, spent 2 hours on the phone...useless. Nice enough, but had no idea. I gave up on him when he wanted me to make changes to my router...it was obviously not a problem with the router or my set up, as the TiVO was not able to recognize ANY signal in the area. The Premiere, meanwhile, did show a connection to my WiFi, but when I tried to do a service conncection, it connected, but when it got to DOWNLOADING, it said it lost the connection. The CSR said he would escalate. TiVO is within 5 ft of the modem...all other devices connect fine. Any ideas?

2. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    have you tried a wired connection with the premiere since it's close to the router? what does network diagnostics show?

kpeters59 likes this.
  3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    ^^^ this ^^^ (for whichever DVR is the box within 5 feet of the router)