Wierd resolution switch bug: No video

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by zaknafein, Oct 13, 2007.

1. zaknafein

zaknafein Shorthanded

Jul 17, 2001
    Kansas City, MO

Advertisements

Wondering if anyone else has seen this. I have a TiVo HD with version 9 of the woftware, but I'm pretty sure that this happened on version 8 as well.

Every so often, when I change video output format's in Messages & Setup (which I have to do fairly often, due to reasons not related to TiVo...) the TiVo suddenly stops displaying any streams. That means no background menu animation, no live TV, no recorded shows, nothing. Just blackness. The menus and guide data still work fine, but the only way to get it to play video again is to reboot the box.

Obviously, it's pretty irritating, anybody else have this issue?

2. rcamille

rcamille New Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    It is a known bug - See All Video Vanishes Thread. Please call TiVo and report the problem. Have them set up a case number. The only chance we have of getting this bug fixed is to keep reporting the problem so they recognize how widespread it really is.

Thanks

3. kirk1701

kirk1701 New Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Had the same issue, thought it was related to only the Tivo HD and went through 2 units before I said enough and sent it back for refund.

Series 3 tivo should be here tomorrow so we will see.

4. zaknafein

zaknafein Shorthanded

Jul 17, 2001
    Kansas City, MO
    Ahh, well, good to know I'm not the only one. I'll try to give them a call. Thanks.