Wierd problem with Tivo and Insignia Surround Sound

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Retro_Gamer, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Hey, all, I'm having a wierd issue with my Tivo Remote and the surround sound system I use. It's an Insignia Surround Sound reciever with DVD player. Every time I press a button on the Tivo remote, the volume goes up or down on my Surround Sound. I've tried reconfiguring the Tivo remote with no success. Any suggestgions, or has anyone else run across this? I can really just readjust the volume with my surround sound remote, but it's a little annoying to have to do.

2. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    You say this happens no matter WHAT button you press on the TiVo remote?

When you say you "reconfigured" your remote, what exactly do you mean, and how many times did you try?

3. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Just about, yeah. Some buttons raise the volume, some lower it. But even pushing the numbers does something. As for reconfiguring the remote, what I meant was I tried to go through the Tivo remote setup to see if somehow I could get it under control. No such luck.

4. Retro_Gamer

Retro_Gamer New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    OK, wierder and wierder.

What I've realized is that all of the buttons continue the same effect of the last button I pushed on the Surround Sound Remote. So if I push Volume up on the surround, every button I push on the Tivo remote raises the volume.

EDIT: That being said, I worked out a temporary fix--It only happens with the volume, so if I hit another, useless button after adjusting the volume, like 5 or something, the Tivo remote doesn't do anything to the surround.

5. JohnH59

JohnH59 New Member

Aug 1, 2006

How did you get your TIVO remote to work with your Insignia system?