1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why will my KMTTG not work on my BOLT?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by rwtremaine, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Aug 5, 2017 #1 of 10
    rwtremaine

rwtremaine New Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I use kmttg on both my Roamio and my Premiere but it will not even acknowledge that I have a Bolt on my network. The unit is part of my home network and can access and be accessed by either of the other two units. Can someone shed light on why is does not show up when I run kmttg?

Thanks

2. Aug 5, 2017 #2 of 10
    ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Login to your tivo.com account, make sure the Bolt is listed, subscribed to Tivo service (lifetime or monthly, yearly does not matter.) Then Go to DVR Preferences, and make sure all your Tivos are enabled for transfers, sharing, etc. Any changes, click on SAVE at the bottom.
    Next, you need to have ALL your Tivos connect to Tivo Service (Settings/network).
    After they have done their connection, processes, They all should have the Media Access Key (MAK), same as your account.

A reboot may be needed if its not working yet.

kpeters59 likes this.
  3. Aug 7, 2017 #3 of 10
    windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Also, I think you need to enable Network Remote Control under Settings.

kpeters59 likes this.
  4. Aug 7, 2017 #4 of 10
    ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    That option is to send remote control commands over a telnet connection. I had it turned off on one of my Bolts and transfers worked without any problem. You should still turn it on to allow the remote control apps to work, but it has nothing to do with streaming or transferring.

5. Aug 7, 2017 #5 of 10
    ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Its also used for KMTTG's RPC functions.

6. Aug 7, 2017 #6 of 10
    ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    No, kmttg's RPC functions are not affected by that setting. On the other hand, kmttg's remote control function is disabled if it's turned off.

7. avpman3

avpman3 New Member

Sep 30, 2018
    Has anyone found a definitive answer to this yet? I just got a new Bolt. I can http to the welcome page and the unit connects fine to the TiVo service but it won't show up in KTTMG.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

8. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Make sure your Bolt is subscribed to Tivo Service (I am sure it is). Login to Tivo.com/mma and under Device Preferences, make sure Sharing/transfers are checked. This will issue the Bolt the same Media Access Key (MAK) as the rest of your Tivo devices, after it connects to Tivo Service again.(It may need a reboot afterwards)

9. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
    Check you KMTTG configuration file 'TiVos' tab. There's a 'Look for Tivos on network' option if not check you will need to add your Bolt. Also you should enable 'Enable rpc style communications with this TiVo' for the Bolt.

kmttg / Wiki / config_Tivos

10. avpman3

avpman3 New Member

Sep 30, 2018
    With the information you guys provided I decided to manually add the new TiVo Bolt to kmttg with the options suggested. I was able to get all my Season Passes and channels downloaded from the old Roamio. I then tried to upload them to the new Bolt. Kmttg shows them as being there on the new Roamio!

Thanks to all who helped as well as those who read this post considering helping.

Mikeguy likes this.