Why the mailings???

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by juliana541, Sep 19, 2007.

1. juliana541

juliana541 Happy tivo

Oct 19, 2005
    weston fla
    I have been a directv subscriber for around 5 years now, yet i get mailings from them inviting me to become a subscriber. :rolleyes: Perhaps if D* stopped wasting money sending mailings to all ready suscribed people they could drop the cost of the service ;)

FYI these mailings are from Directv not a local Sat company.

2. dtremain

dtremain New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    New Jersey
    It would be a lot more expesive to individually address a mailing than to simply send it to "resident."

The suits aren't always as dumb as you think. :)

3. juliana541

juliana541 Happy tivo

Oct 19, 2005
    weston fla
    These were not sent to resident they are a personal mailing to my name! Tell me more about how smart the suits are :rolleyes:

4. dtremain

dtremain New Member

Jan 4, 2004
    New Jersey
    Okay, it would probably cost more to sort out those who are already subscribers from whatever big database of everybody that they purchased and used for the mailling.

Probably still pretty smart. :)

5. The Flush

The Flush Not So Notable Member TCF Club

Aug 3, 2005
    SO OH
    I only get mailings begging me to come back to DTV as a customer.

I wasn't aware that I had ever left.

6. Sty

Sty New Member

Mar 14, 2006
    They replaced an old UltimateTv unit a few years ago for free with a DirecTivo unit. This was during the rebate time and after like 6 weeks with me doing nothing other then installing the unit, I got a check for $100. When I called them they were confused and told me to "just cash it."

7. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    It the world of bulk mailing like that...

It would probably cost them more, to eliminate the small percentage of incorrect mailings.... then it does to actually send them out.

I still get "we want you back" letters for my dad, who passed away 18 months ago..
    (and that was noted on the reason for cancelation of the account)