Why no House yesterday?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tomhorsley, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Feb 7, 2012 #1 of 17
    tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I've just checked everything imaginable, and can determine no reason for this: My season pass for House did not record the Feb 6th episode. The season pass is still there, and it recorded Alcatraz on the same channel right after House, it just didn't record House. I looked in the recording history and there is no entry at all for House on 2/6 with any kind of reason for not recording it. Any clues?

2. Feb 7, 2012 #2 of 17
    dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    My SP recorded it just fine, not sure how much that helps.

3. Feb 7, 2012 #3 of 17
    lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    It recorded fine here also.

Have you checked the "Live Guide" for yesterday? Was it possibly locally preempted?

4. Feb 7, 2012 #4 of 17
    tomhorsley

Jul 22, 2010
    I went to the guide for yesterday, and it listed House right before Alcatraz, so you'd think it might at least have mentioned something in recording history.

Fortunately, finding the missing episode on the internet is easy :).

5. Feb 7, 2012 #5 of 17
    rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It tells you why it doesn't record in the Todo list.

6. Feb 7, 2012 #6 of 17
    tomhorsley

Jul 22, 2010
    It certainly doesn't seem to tell me anything :). There is indeed an entry for House yesterday in the ToDo list, but there is no entry for Alcatraz, so it is almost like it thinks it hasn't gotten around to recording it yet, but nothing in the text for the entry says anything about why.

I've been trying to figure out why some of the ToDo list entries have double checkmarks in front (House does) and some have a star inside a circle, but I can't find any info on TiVo's web site explaining what the icons mean :-(.

7. Feb 7, 2012 #7 of 17
    steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Double check mark is season pass.
    Single check mark is manually set recording.
    Star is a wishlist recording.
    Black icon w/ TiVo in it is a suggestion.

8. Feb 7, 2012 #8 of 17
    tomhorsley

Jul 22, 2010
    The entry for House is the only entry in the ToDo list which is located in the past. All the others are in the future. I can only conclude that the TiVo didn't believe it was 8PM when 8PM rolled around. (Though it figured out it was 9PM by the time 9PM rolled around). I wonder how long the entry will show up in the ToDo list?

9. Feb 7, 2012 #9 of 17
    TiVo_Fanatic

TiVo_Fanatic Member

May 29, 2006
    Pa
    Just my 2c but I got house and Alcatraz just fine so not sure what the issue might be.

10. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Did you click on Recording History in the ToDo list? I have never seen it not give a reason for not recording.

11. tomhorsley

Jul 22, 2010
    Yes I did. There is simply no entry in history for House on 2/6, but there is still a ToDo list entry for House. It apparently thinks 8PM on 2/6 hasn't arrived yet.

12. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Tom,

I assume the time and date are correct otherwise? I would reboot since that's obviously wrong for that to be on the ToDo list if the date and time have past.

Scott

13. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    Got both House and Alcatraz just fine on my HTPC along with Castle and Being Human on Monday night. Tuesday and Thursday and the big nights for recording here, with about 6-8 hours of shows on each night (and all recorded on a single box!;)).

14. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    That makes me think "sick Tivo db that needs a reboot" for many reasons.
    Granted it's not a great explanation, but at least if you reboot you may get a reason why it didn't do it, and hopefully prevent it from happening to something else.

15. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Where there any issues with the signal or your power? If the signal was completely gone there will not be a recording and I believe if the power was down at the start of the show and came back on it will also not record anything.

Good Luck,

16. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Same here, got everything on single box. A Premiere Elite.:)
    Plus streaming to my other Premieres.

17. tomhorsley

Jul 22, 2010
    Well, I rebooted the Premiere, and now the recording history has not one, but two entries for House at 8PM on 2/6, and both of them say it wasn't recorded because the power was off or the TiVo was unplugged. They should add "or the TiVo was off it's nut" to the list because the power certainly didn't go out (or even flicker) and I certainly didn't find the TiVo unplugged and plug it back in before it recorded Alcatraz fine just one hour later. (If the power had actually gone out, I imagine the ToDo list entry wouldn't have still been in the ToDo list).