Why Isn't Lovecraft Country Recording?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Royster, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Royster

Royster Beardy

May 24, 2002
    Long Island, NY

Advertisements

I have a season pass, recordings only (since HBO streaming is broken), new and repeats. It didn;t record Ep4 last Sunday. Looking ahead in the guide, I see p5 on Sunday but it is not in the To Do list. I've deleted and recreated the Season Pass and moved it higher in priority so the To Do list would rescan.

I can manually tell it to record, it just isn;t working from the SP.

2. Morris Altman

Morris Altman New Member

Jun 15, 2019
    You are not alone. I have a ticket open with TiVo. They can't figure it out. I'm posting this thread so they know it's not just me.

3. Jadzia

Jadzia New Member

Aug 11, 2020
    I am having this issue with HBO and Showtime shows: Love Fraud and We Hunt Together are also affected along with Lovecraft Country.

4. Morris Altman

Morris Altman New Member

Jun 15, 2019
    I suspect this is a combination of guide data and software bug. All episodes are marked as "new" in guide and then the onepass dose not find anything new. See photo

TiVo Lovecraft Country.jpg

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

They show "new" in the guide, but the data in parenthesis indicates (R) for repeat. Change the 1P.

6. Morris Altman

Morris Altman New Member

Jun 15, 2019
    Interesting observation yet the selected show is a repeat. Here is an image with a new show and it's not showing with an R in the parentheses.

TiVo-Lovecraft-Country-2.jpg

7. Jadzia

Jadzia New Member

Aug 11, 2020
    This bug is even more widespread across other HBO (and Showtime) shows. I had set up a One Pass for the new HBO shows "The Third Day" and "We Are Who We Are" which both start tonight and neither were set to record. I had to go in and manually add them. Annoying!

8. Morris Altman

Morris Altman New Member

Jun 15, 2019
    I even tried setting the onepass to record everything and nothing was selected. TiVo support is scheduled to call me in a few minutes. We will see how this goes.

9. Morris Altman

Morris Altman New Member

Jun 15, 2019
    I just got off the phone with TiVo support. There is a bug. If your onepass uses channel "ALL" it dose not pick up the show for recording. Change it to the channel number that the show first runs on. An easy way to do this is from the guide.

We did not discuss time frame for a fix.

astrohip and JoeKustra like this.