Why is Tivo saying they will deactivate my service tomorrow?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by CAG45, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Sep 7, 2018 #1 of 23
    CAG45

CAG45 Member

Mar 15, 2009

Advertisements

Just received the following from Tivo.
    Problem is, I have *not* purchased a new Tivo, I am still using my S3 and I really hope they don't deactivate my service tomorrow. Did anyone else receive this?

thanks

-------------------
    Dear Customer ,
    Thank you for participating in our "Summer Breeze" promotion to replace a Product Lifetime service plan with an All-In service plan on a recently purchased TiVo device!
    To qualify for this offer, you selected the TSN promo code, which indicated, which current TiVo DVR you wanted to deactivate and use for the All-In service plan replacement service for your new device. This older TiVo device was scheduled to be deactivated today, September 7, 2018. Unfortunately, we have encountered some delays, and so, your deactivation date has been rescheduled for tomorrow, September 8, 2018. We apologize for the inconvenience. You are welcome to take this additional time to transfer any shows that you love.
    If you have any questions, please let us know.
    Thank you for being a loyal TiVo customer. Have a great day!
    Sincerely,
    TiVo Team

apsarkis likes this.
  2. Sep 7, 2018 #2 of 23
    kingdomdude

kingdomdude New Member

Jul 5, 2008
    i just got this too... same situation.

3. Sep 7, 2018 #3 of 23
    nut4golf

nut4golf New Member

Sep 30, 2004
    Windsor, CT
    Same here - very confused. Anyone know what this is all about? Bad emailing? I have no idea what "All-In" is, and not sure I want that over "Lifetime" which is a word with a most certain meaning, i.e. the lifetime of my unit!

4. Sep 7, 2018 #4 of 23
    PetePetePete

PetePetePete New Member

Sep 7, 2018
    Add me to this mix too... what is this all about? I have two Tivo units... I paid a lot of money for "lifetime" service. This better be spam or a joke or something. Otherwise, there's a scam going on or something.

5. Sep 7, 2018 #5 of 23
    Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada

Advertisements

Probably a bad email.

I've actually participated in two of the lifetime transfer deals and neither of the old units was ever actually deactivated.

6. Sep 7, 2018 #6 of 23
    pad77

pad77 Member

May 25, 2002
    I got the same email. And I never ordered anything. I had 4 Tivo S2s listed on the original email offer. The deactivation email doesn't list which Tivos are going to
    be deactivated. All 4 Tivos have lifetime activations.

7. Sep 7, 2018 #7 of 23
    Mr Tony

Mr Tony formerly known as "unclehonkey"

Dec 20, 2012
    Mankato, MN
  8. Sep 7, 2018 #8 of 23
    alexofindy

alexofindy Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Same here - I got the same email, and did not purchase a new Tivo or participate in a promotion. Someone made a mistake.

9. Sep 7, 2018 #9 of 23
    RichardP

RichardP New Member

Mar 1, 2002
    I too received a similar email, despite not participating in the recent "Summer Breeze” promotion nor having recently purchased a new TiVo.

10. PatMcNJ

PatMcNJ Member

May 21, 2006
    Ugh, I got it too and panicked. 2 Tivos here, still using an old Series 3 and a Premiere XL 4. I do have a really old Series 2 in the basement, that has lifetime, but we have not used it in 10 years. I thought it related to that one, but I never bought a new one so ?

11. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Glad it's not just me. I did click on the original offer e-mail and had considered buying a new Bolt (had it in my cart) but never pulled the trigger. Hopefully this is just an incorrect e-mail and they won't actually kill the Lifetime service on my OLED S3.

12. nrc

nrc Cracker Soul

Nov 17, 1999
    Living in a...
    Got the same email. Didn't buy anything recently. Someone at TiVo needs to issue a mea culpa.

wizwor likes this.
  13. zalusky

zalusky Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Yea same here. I thought for a moment it was about an old unit that was sold but still shows on my account.

14. Nick25

Nick25 New Member

Nov 22, 2016
    This is a known email send error. If you did not purchase anything from the sale, your unit will continue to work as it has been. Fortunately, it's all based on the promo codes used for the sale and not the emails.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  15. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Got the same email and I'm not gonna be happy if my Premiere stops working tomorrow. I may have browsed to Tivo's site, but I didn't buy anything (first off, I don't like the weird hump design of the Bolt, and even if I did, the higher capacity units were already sold out, so...). Glad to hear that this is a known problem.

16. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    You’re fine. It is likely just an error and the email was sent to everyone that would have been eligible for the promo rather than just those who participated in the promo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I got the email too and I don't even have a S3 on my account

18. Tobashadow

Tobashadow Read over there --->

Nov 11, 2006
    I just got the "please stop calling us" email.

I figured it was a oops but they sure did wait awhile to send it out.

19. SJJ

SJJ New Member

May 15, 2002

Me too. I took a look but did not purchase anything. Slightly tempted by the black Bolt but did not even try to put it in the cart. I thought it was a mistake but was still freaking out from the email and was on hold when I thought I should check the Tivo forum.