Why is sub price different between Bolts?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by iXod, Feb 8, 2021.

1. iXod

iXod New Member

Dec 13, 2015

Advertisements

I have a vintage 2015 Bolt. The service expired long ago and I’m considering resubscribing.

I want lifetime but that is above $500, out of my price range (and more than the price of 3 Tablo devices with unlimited guide access).

TiVo is offering subscriptions for the newer Bolt models at about half this price (~$250).

Why the huge difference in sub prices between the early and late models? Is there some feature of the early hardware that justifies the higher sub prices?

Thanks.

2. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...

Did you ask them about 'annual' subscription, 'month to month/no commitment' also? I believe there's very different subscriptions based on whether the Tivo is an OTA or a CableCARD device. If it's a CableCARD device I'd think most would advise against an 'ALL-IN'.

TSN of your box?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  3. iXod

iXod New Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes, monthly is $15, annual is $150. Again, the later model Bolts are about half these prices. Why?

TSN: 8490001901Fxxxx

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
  4. iXod

iXod New Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Yes, it’s a dual OTA/cable card unit (with no card—I use it exclusively for OTA.

5. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...

Advertisements

Some/most would suggest NOT posting a complete TSN but I didn't know that the later had lesser subscriptions. I believe I had been told that an OTA ONLY regardless of Tivo model is less than a CableCARD device.

6. iXod

iXod New Member

Dec 13, 2015
    THEN WHY DID YOU ASK FOR IT?

Is there any way to delete a post?

7. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...

Just edit it out!! Most users here are aware BUT I seriously doubt there's near the issues people believe! I edited before quoting your post!!

There is DELETE options in 'lower left' where edit & report are populated.

8. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    I actually never did include the complete TSN in my post. I used only a partial.

iXod likes this.