1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why is my ABC World News Tonight One Pass not recording the weekend?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by mtnagel, Jun 11, 2018.

1. mtnagel

mtnagel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I just got my Roamio late last week (so expect some more).

Here are my settings and it appears that Saturday and Sunday have the exact same title. I actually had set it up with more restrictions ("new only"), but made more open just to see if it would pick up the weekend episodes.

E0A2A9A7-2EB0-44F5-A167-6C67631BC0F3.jpeg

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Just did a Search on ABC... and it seems the Saturday edition has a different program ID. You may need to try a new 1P just for Saturday.

Don't worry. Only a few users are mean to newbies. You'll learn. :)

mtnagel likes this.
  3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I have three different 1Ps for ABC Nightly news, all of which have upcoming episodes...and that's a historic low. Most of them are weekend shows (one for Saturday, one for Sunday, and they used to have ones for when they aired at a different time, e.g. 5:30 instead of 5:00). Sometimes if they have a guest host for a while it will have a different series ID, and then sometimes that one will stick around for a while.

This is only ABC; CBS and NBC don't do this.

4. mtnagel

Nov 15, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Wow, that's really crappy. Thanks for the info.

5. mtnagel

Nov 15, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Where do you find this "program ID"?

6. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Active Member

Nov 27, 2014
    I have the same issue. If I can't the weekend I watch it. I never understood why the weekend didn't record.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It's just a guess. There's a program, kmttg, that shows it and a bunch of other data. My guess was based on a Search showing two results. When I checked Upcoming Episodes there was a Mon-Fri and a Saturday result. I don't show anything for Sunday.

mtnagel likes this.
  8. Phantom Gremlin

Phantom Gremlin Active Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Tualatin,...
    It's funny. A while ago I had the *opposite* problem. The weekday ABC news says "with David Muir". My pass for it was also sometimes recording on weekends even though "David Muir" wasn't actually doing those episodes. And IIRC he wasn't even in the title, although now he is.

I say "was also" because that pass is for my wife. I don't watch it, so I'm not sure of when the behavior changed. From what I can tell from my To Do list, it now behaves just like the Thread Starter says. I have 2 passes for that show, so I obviously had to add one for the weekend. One pass says 9 episodes will record, the other says 3 episodes will record. The GUI is awful as to providing more detail than that, so the To Do must be examined to see what's happening. In my case there are two separate episodes which will record on Saturday (an hour apart), and none on Sunday. Because, as discussed here, Sunday probably requires a 3rd pass!

I say "sometimes recording" because the ABC news seems to be very hit-and-miss as to whether it happens at all on weekends. I don't know if that's because our local affiliate doesn't always carry it or because the network preempts it for stuff like sports.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  9. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    My local news station is similar. Even though the program title is exactly the same and it is on at exactly the same time, I had to set a new one pass for the weekend shows when the weekend shows stopped recording. Different program ID obviously.

Mikeguy likes this.
  10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    For me, that's always been true for all the local channels...there are apparently several weekend news shows that air under different circumstances. I'm not at my TV right now, but if I remember I'll look up how many 1Ps it takes to get each network's weekend local news shows.

11. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I've had 1Ps for weekday news and weekend news separate for a very long time. Since neither one would record all of them.

12. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Yeah, I setup manual recordings for network news a long time ago as a M-F only recording because the title would change every time they got a new anchor or they felt like changing it again. Since the news is always at the same time it's a decent workaround.

13. tootal2

tootal2 Active Member

Oct 14, 2005
    They might of changed the name of the news person

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk