Why is a show not in the To Do List?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by CharleneC, Apr 13, 2017.

1. CharleneC

CharleneC Member

Oct 17, 2007

Advertisements

How do I check why a show isn't appearing in the To Do List? I know I can check history to find out why a show didn't record, but as far as I can tell that doesn't tell you about future dates.

2. jth tv

jth tv Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Press the C button to show(all) while in the To Do List. Highlight the show and look at the right hand pane for an explanation.

CharleneC and Mikeguy like this.
  3. CharleneC

CharleneC Member

Oct 17, 2007
    I thought I had toggled through all the options on the To Do List; apparently I missed that one.

I'm still confused. The show is Midsomer Murders on PBS. I recently created the One Pass to record new and reruns and show streaming. I've never recorded an episode of the show, yet it says it won't record because it's a duplicate. :-/

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The 1P manager, when you select the program, will indicate upcoming episode count. I show nothing for the next two weeks.

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...

Advertisements

Try changing the 1P "Include" to "Recordings only" and see if that makes a difference. Also, "Explore" the show and see what the "Upcoming" list looks like.

6. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Tivo seems to record new shows on its 'final' rerun and previous airing is tagged as duplicate. To solve this, select in OnePass options to Record everything.

7. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Where on earth did you get an idea like that? In any case, it wouldn't apply in this situation as "Midsomer Murders" is not new.

8. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    And it's not showing in the next two weeks. Check Screener. [I can't answer your question]

Midsomer Murders - Season 19 Episodes List - Next Episode

9. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Not applicable anyway. Note where it airs - ITV, which is the UK. Are some PBS stations really that current? I know they are close with "Father Brown" even here but I didn't think they were with "Midsomer Murders".

One of my local PBS stations is showing two episodes next Monday ( actually one, split into 2 pieces). The episode ("They Seek Him Here") was originally broadcast in 2007 but the TiVo says 2015. John Nettles isn't listed in the cast even though he was still the lead at that time.

10. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I don't know the answer, but I do know that the reason given is sometimes bogus. In other words, "duplicate" is sometimes not really the reason.

11. CharleneC

CharleneC Member

Oct 17, 2007
    For the benefit of those who are unfamiliar with PBS scheduling... Not all PBS stations show the same shows at the same time. The Houston area PBS station airs shows two weeks after they start appearing on other PBS stations. Unless it's something *really* big such as Sherlock or Downton Abbey. So it is quite possible your guide is showing something completely different.

My guide is showing "The House in the Woods" on April 22th. I've been watching Midsomer Murders on Netflix and waiting for season 19 to air in the US (it's already aired in the UK). I set the One Pass up to record new & reruns because I didn't know if the TiVo would consider it new or a rerun. I've run into that problem with other BBCA shows where it's the first run in the US, but TiVo thinks it's a rerun because it's already aired in the UK.

As an experiment, I tried the above suggestions. If I change the OP to recordings and not streaming, new & reruns, the show still isn't selected to record. If I leave it as record and streaming, but change it to "everything" the show does get selected. So it appears the TiVo thinks I've recorded it in the last 28 days, but as I've stated I've never recorded an episode of the show.

Mikeguy likes this.
  12. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Yep I've had two of these in the last couple of weeks - Colony and The Expanse. Both of them WERE in the ToDo and then dropped off a few days before the air date (these are new-only 1Ps). Caught Colony missing and recorded manually but missed Expanse this week, reason given for not recording was 'Duplicate' even though everything looks right in the guide (OAD, season/ep were correct and not dupe etc.). I checked metadata in kmttg and it looks different to me, dunno why the Roamio doesn't think it's a new ep.

So now all of a sudden my formerly reliable 1Ps are no longer so.